Limited Edition Perdie Sticklebacks.

fatchap

Amongst other projects I have been working on a couple of "Limited edition" Sticklebacks and I know I have spelled Purdy incorrectly for obvious reasons. I tried to get them as close as possible. The burl handles where nigh on impossible to match so as close as can be would have to do. I had to make these two a bit special for the customer, mirror polish blades, initials certain pins in the lanyard beads in this case a Labrador and a duck.

purdy-s.jpg

I decided to etch the spines with a chain image, which seemed simple enough.......it wasn't had quite a few attempts and lots of swearing and throwing things. Picking out the stencil is bad enough, but lining it up between the scales and liners was seriously annoying. You had to be so careful and get it in the correct position first time, if it was not quite right and you try to remove the stencil, the detail would stay behind, resulting in getting a new stencil cut and more picking out the bits you don't want.

20200731-222129.jpg

The initials on the blades was a lot easier. Here are both with the chain etch in place. Its almost 3-D move the knife around in the light and the chain disappears then reappears, pretty cool

Not very clear in this picture, you can just make them out

20200812-204602.jpg

Not sure why the sheaths look so different here, they are exactly the same colour, trick of the light maybe.

20200812-203706.jpg

Thats about all the pictures I took...well that come out any way. Must admit I'm quite pleased with the end result of these two. 

Still got quite a few projects on the go at the moment, someone gave me two pairs of rusty as **** garden shears this morning. what the hell am I supposed to do with them? apart from skip them which is what he should have done.

Edited by fatchap

1 minute ago, ninjaferret said:

They look amazing

You just beat me to it. Absolutely amazing.

Something the recipient should be justly proud of and treasure for life.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful craftsmanship.

OB

• 3 weeks later...