Stolen Dog & pups!!

Mice!

35 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

has just been rejected in parliament, which I believe is a disgrace.

Parliament is a disgrace.

10 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, cannot kennels be locked up ? CCTV ? Padlocked front gate, alarms ?

These days - if they want it - they will find a way to take it.  If you do have CCTV 'evidence', it is unlikely that it would help much.

The problems are;

• Almost no chance of getting caught
  • If you do get caught, light sentence
  • High rewards for little risk; so true of so much crime these days

6 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Parliament is a disgrace.

These days - if they want it - they will find a way to take it.  If you do have CCTV 'evidence', it is unlikely that it would help much.

The problems are;

• Almost no chance of getting caught
  • If you do get caught, light sentence
  • High rewards for little risk; so true of so much crime these days

Bang on

Don't quote me on this because it seems a 'grey area', but according to what I have read, the device itself is not illegal - and nor is using it as intended ........... but IF someone was injured (or claimed they had been - e.g. stress, trauma etc.) as a result of you using it, you could be liable for damages in a civil case (or indeed criminal if the injury level warranted it).  They could make a claim they were there legitimately and unless you could prove they were in the process of criminal activity .......... it might not go well.

In this day and age - you in effect can be liable for someone injured on your property - even if they should not have been there.

2 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

A push to tighten the law on pet theft has just been rejected in parliament, which I believe is a disgrace. Also another reason my dogs would never be left in a kennel outside, particularly in some areas, it's asking for them to be stolen.

Problem is people are having their homes broken in to as well.

I can't understand why they would reject it, stealing a dog is something that can't just be replaced by the insurance. 

2 hours ago, Dougy said:

These people have got to be trolling social media to target breeders.

Being more careful what you put on there will help. 

Probably right, but people need to advertise their pups, but at the moment you would need to be incredibly careful before letting people come and see them.

Edited by Mice!
Spelling

6 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Problem is people are having their homes broken in to as well.

I can't understand why they would reject it, stealing a dog is something that can just be replaced by the insurance. 

Probably right, but people need to advertise their pups, but at the moment you would need to be incredibly careful before letting people come and see them.

You could break in and steal a dog from a home, but that is far less likely to happen, the vast majority are stolen from kennels, gardens, outside shops and even from vehicles, thefts from houses are almost unheard of and when it does happen is more often to high profile targets like celebrities for a ransom. Why make it easy for them?

21 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

I am assuming that you intended to write as corrected above?

I did thanks 

15 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

You could break in and steal a dog from a home, but that is far less likely to happen, the vast majority are stolen from kennels, gardens, outside shops and even from vehicles, thefts from houses are almost unheard of and when it does happen is more often to high profile targets like celebrities for a ransom. Why make it easy for them?

I know what you are saying but many at the moment are getting the dam and full litters stolen are being stolen from inside the home.

We always used to tie our dog up outside the shop, wouldn't be doing that now.

Alot of these stolen dogs end up in ireland, theres always posts on crimewatch wirral about it, a couple of weeks ago alot got discovered on the way to ireland so hopefully they are back with their owners now.

And as for punishment for committing the crime is it that much of a surprise nothing happens, because after all we have scum running the country, so theyre looking after their own, honour amongst thieves is the saying i believe,.

'Tory'  word meaning ..... Thief,,,in pursuit of !     Not a backbencher causing grief for the opposition.

33 minutes ago, Mice! said:

I did thanks 

I know what you are saying but many at the moment are getting the dam and full litters stolen are being stolen from inside the home.

We always used to tie our dog up outside the shop, wouldn't be doing that now.

It's a sad state of affairs. As usual it's the decent members of society who fear the slightest infringement of law, look at how they step on you for a minor driving offence. It's time this country got tough on scum.

35 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

It's a sad state of affairs. As usual it's the decent members of society who fear the slightest infringement of law, look at how they step on you for a minor driving offence. It's time this country got tough on scum.

100% 

8 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

They need to make it legal for people to defend their own property against this scum. 

The law is only good when it is effective. When the law fails to act and do anything then it becomes obsolete. 

Shocking state of affairs tbh.