22 WMR

BrowningDJC

Hunting small bore Basic models 1761 - ANSCHÜTZ rifles for hunting, biathlon and sports (anschuetz-sport.com)

The calibre is not critical - any of the Anschutz rimfires will probably apply. Has anyone ever seen what would be a combination of the Monte Carlo (front end in particular with the traditional Anschutz sort of pointy bit or 'V') version and the Thumbhole back end. This is what I have - well almost, It's with the RFD so can't do a photo - and I've never seen it before. I like it but not having ever seen it, could never have deliberately chosen it - I just ordered the Thumbhole and this is what arrived.

Ask Anschutz I hear you cry - well I did...................

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, wymberley said:

Hunting small bore Basic models 1761 - ANSCHÜTZ rifles for hunting, biathlon and sports (anschuetz-sport.com)

The calibre is not critical - any of the Anschutz rimfires will probably apply. Has anyone ever seen what would be a combination of the Monte Carlo (front end in particular with the traditional Anschutz sort of pointy bit or 'V') version and the Thumbhole back end. This is what I have - well almost, It's with the RFD so can't do a photo - and I've never seen it before. I like it but not having ever seen it, could never have deliberately chosen it - I just ordered the Thumbhole and this is what arrived.

Ask Anschutz I hear you cry - well I did...................

And I'll be damned if a new catalogue hasn't just appeared.

1 minute ago, wymberley said:

No, trying to keep warm - the bloody heating has packed up and no plumber 'til Monday and the only things I can move without too much pain are my fingers.

It was just you quoting and replying to yourself, made me wonder. 🙂

Bit nippy here too. Hot water bottle, tuck it under your jumper. 👍

20 hours ago, Scully said:

It was just you quoting and replying to yourself, made me wonder. 🙂

Bit nippy here too. Hot water bottle, tuck it under your jumper. 👍

:lol:

Couldn't understand what was what. I really liked what arrived but it wasn't as per the internet catalogue and I couldn't find it anywhere so asked Anschutz getting a reply from someone in the repair shop at 5:30 in the morning telling me precisely that it was that which matched what I seen on  t'net. I'm beginning to think that, " have I got an old model" Asked RUAG and the nice young lady who I'd been speaking to about a trigger unit sent some photo's and this put my mind to rest - I have the latest mode from 2021, photo's are from the new catalogue which is now just been put on t'net.

Edited by wymberley

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, London Best said:

I am sure it is a quality piece of kit, but, for my taste, whoever designed that stock wants hitting at the back of the head with it.

Not too hard or it will break! :lol::good:  (only joking)

It does actually bear a passing similarity to this, more so if it was the other way up, anyway, this has survived 20+ years, and is actually very comfortable.  :good:

Imgp2401xr.jpg.38d24265a8cbf7541f615874b11bdf80.jpg

22 minutes ago, Dekers said:

Not too hard or it will break! :good:  (only joking)

It does actually bear a passing similarity to this, more so if it was the other way up, anyway, this has survived 20+ years, and is actually very comfortable.  :good:

Imgp2401xr.jpg.38d24265a8cbf7541f615874b11bdf80.jpg

All in the eye of the beholder!

It’s a good job we are all different.

• 3 months later...
On 24/01/2022 at 11:02, wymberley said:

Damn me, was beginning to wonder if this day would ever come. Higher rated trigger pull unit fitted and ready for collection. :yahoo:

Really fed up now. Just had to take this back to the RFD as I can't use it safely - premature discharge on occasion - and NO, Ditchy :mad: - and it's all back to front. The first stage of the trigger asks (in round figures) for 1000g and the second, 200 which the damned arthritis won't let me control. I've had to get the 17WSM back from sale or return while something gets done with the Anschutz. Just to really rub it in, I was shown 'my' Weihrauch - the one with the lost bolt - which is now on the 'for sale' rack as after some 18 months a replacement bolt has arrived. I knew there was a reason why I chose Weihrauch - it's a little beauty and the trigger is to die for. Have to say, even the Savage  trigger knocks spots off the Anschutz in its present state. :mad:

My Ruger M77 in WMR had an awful trigger, to the extent I bought an aftermarket replacement kit, and then it was fine.

Ruger are besotted by fear of litigation, hence their firearms being heavily stamped with safety warnings. It can ruin the look of a nice gun. 
Hope you get sorted. 

1 hour ago, Dekers said:

That's a great disappointment, and not what you would expect from Anschutz!

Cheers, Mate. Have to say I'm now thinking that this is down to a combination of Anschutz's difference between the 2 stages and my arthritic hands. I'm going to be into the builders for a mid range 5 figure sum any time now so I have to be sensible as the RFD isn't doing trade ins at the moment - understandable - otherwise I may have gone for the Weihrauch (again!), but as it is and dependent upon what Anschutz/RUAG come up with, a single stage unit may be on the cards