North Koreans have to 'hand in' their dogs

JohnfromUK

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

Perhaps you missed my point. 

I referred to us being lucky to have the human rights act as reference to our county’s record on good human rights. 

If we didn’t have the human rights act, we would have other legislation ... people who complain that we don’t torture certain criminals or abuse certain people’s human rights would just complain about the other legislation instead of the HRA. 

Agreed, we certainly don't need the ECHR to have human rights in the UK, I would argue we'd be far better off without it.

The key difference here is that the North Koreans are compelling people to give up their pets - and making ownership illegal - whereas the French eat horse meat bred for the purpose.

I personally don't particularly want to eat horse - and wouldn't (knowingly) eat dog - but I accept that Korea (North and South) do eat dog.  However I object strongly to being forced to surrender a 'pet' dog against your will - regardless of whether it is to be eaten or not.

A valid point. 

15 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

I don't care what anyone says, eating dogs is wrong.

It's not dog related, but your comment reminds me of something I read in the manual of military law which went something like

"If adrift in a life boat, soldier a is not allowed to eat soldier b to survive" - that tickled me - especially how would they know if when soldier a was rescued there was no soldier b!!😂

2 hours ago, discobob said:

It's not dog related, but your comment reminds me of something I read in the manual of military law which went something like

"If adrift in a life boat, soldier a is not allowed to eat soldier b to survive" - that tickled me - especially how would they know if when soldier a was rescued there was no soldier b!!😂

😂😂😂👍

3 hours ago, discobob said:

I believe back many many years ago in the Royal Navy it was considered uncivilised to eat one of your crewmen in-order to survive when stranded at sea. 

That doesn’t mean that it didn’t go on however. 

13 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

I believe back many many years ago in the Royal Navy it was considered uncivilised to eat one of your crewmen in-order to survive when stranded at sea. 

I believe it was tailored for each force - sailor a & b, airman a & b - it was amazing what you read when you was bored on guard and amazing what little bits of trivia you pull up out of your long term memory - now what is my name 😂

Guest cookoff013
On 19/08/2020 at 18:48, Lloyd90 said:

I heard there was a famous expedition, and it happend, and was covered up. It happens im sure.

Guest cookoff013
10 hours ago, del.gue said:

The Franklin expedition in Canada. Covered in one of Ray Mears series i think.

Yeah, you got it. Thanks for that! I been wracking me brain

On 19/08/2020 at 15:05, discobob said:

Could soldier b eat soldier a? 

And if so what’s to stop soldier a claiming to be soldier b? 

Edited by Lampwick

22 hours ago, London Best said:

There is no comparison between having your dog compulsorily removed and not being allowed a pistol.

Unless you are one of those cat lovers?

Dog owning is a choice just like pistol shooting but when a gov"t takes away your freedom of choice you will feel bitter. I see no difference in the two so we can agree to differ then?

27 minutes ago, bavarianbrit said:

Dog owning is a choice just like pistol shooting but when a gov"t takes away your freedom of choice you will feel bitter. I see no difference in the two so we can agree to differ then?

I can only assume you do not keep dogs. We must, as you say, agree to differ.

You can see no difference.

I can see no comparison.

50 minutes ago, bavarianbrit said:

Unless you see your gun as a family member there's simply no comparison. A gun does not have a brain and can't love you back, if you can't see that your on another planet. 

On 21/08/2020 at 08:08, cookoff013 said:

Yeah, you got it. Thanks for that! I been wracking me brain

There is a good book, The man who ate his boots. They recently located one of Franklin's ships on the sea bed, the evidence now is that had they stayed on the ship they may have survived.  Well, some of them anyway.