I was not expecting the great customer service I just received

243deer

5 years ago I purchased a pair of Vanguard Spirit ED 10 x 42 binos for £125

They are not as good as the expensive makes - obviously - but they are good enough for my modest needs.

With repeated use I have gradually mullered the eye relief rubbers so I rang Vanguard UK today to see if I could purchase some more. 

It was a very pleasant experience and they were very helpful. A free pair are in the post. 

So with one good turn deserving another I thought I would give them a shout out on here as I think they are worthy of consideration for folk who have limited budget for kit especially with that kind of customer support.

Last year I bought a Monocular (I only have one eye) to watch the birds etc on the dog walk - under £20 from memory. When I tried to use it I realised just how difficult it is to hold these things still - but the focus ring was also very stiff. So I contacted the seller just to mention the focus problem but I mentioned my single eye and the difficulty I was having - he suggested a pair of binoculars would even though I would only be using one lens. He told me to throw the Monocular away and he would look around his storeroom to see if he could help - just over a week later 2 pairs of Binoculars turned up - but no invoice. So I contacted him again to say that the Bino's were perfect and how much were they and did I need to return the pair I likes least - keep them both was his reply - no charge!