Glad I went now

Centrepin

Having been in bed poorly for 12 days my son persuaded me to meet him after work for an hour and some fresh air.

We both arrived on the perm at the same time and saw literally 100s of pigeon on the unharvested mostly flattened and waterlogged barley field.

As we have to be off the perm for noise reasons by no later than 1830 it gave us barely an hours shooting including set up.

Within minutes we had pigeon interested but not coming close enough. In my opinion the rotarys needed to be further out but I had neither the energy or time to move them. 

My son dropped 8 pigeon despite the driving rain and both of us being drenched. Unfortunately by the time I'd seen anything never mind lifted the gun, they were either gone or he'd hit them. 

I had a chance at a white pigeon and knocked a few feathers off, and as I was sulking over missing it, two more came at extreme range. My son said leave them, far too far, but every dog has it's day and I hit the first one.

Time up, pack up, and home for tea.

Pleased I went now 🙂