Electric chainsaw

Ricko

I have the Titan and it is brilliant. I have a folding bench for it and it makes short work of anything.ย  I had some very large slabs of sycamore which we just could not split. These where between 24 and 30 inches in diameter and a foot thick.ย  I stood them all one on top of the opther and just ran down them with this Titan saw cutt9ing them into pie size pieces. Brilliant.

I have petrol saws but around the yard the Titan is king.

Many thanks for all this input. I dont need a petrol one as I've got them all shapes and sizes. Yes, the Stihl MS170 is a great little saw I've had mine for 13 years.

I'll look through all the suggestions and have a trawl on the internet. I certainly rate most Bosch, Makita etc. especially as spares can be sourced. I noticed that Dolmar used to do one (the prince of petrol saws imho), but it is probably not made anymore.ย 

If ur using a hobby saw the best thing is to use Aspen fuel instead of mixed 2 stroke.

Doesn't go off so u don't get the stale fuel problems.

ย 

Cheap battery saws will be a waste off money, even good 1s u don't really have that much trigger time on a battery charge. Cheap 1s will be even less.

ย 

Never used an electric but would be a better option than battery, assuming power cable is not an issue,.

Must admit I don't mind sharpening Pico chains and run quite a few sub 50cc saws on either 3/8s Pico or that new husky X cut chain 325 1.1mm or 0.50 guage, cuts quick

Know 1 lad I work with runs his 3 560s on that narrow chain with 20" bars for felling outsiders. And they go real well.

ย 

9 hours ago, scotslad said:

If ur using a hobby saw the best thing is to use Aspen fuel instead of mixed 2 stroke.

Doesn't go off so u don't get the stale fuel problems.

Definitely, I've only ever used Aspen since being introduced to it about 15 years ago. I've just done my annual start up of some of my saws that dont get used much. Second or third pull most of them.

For an occasional user it makes sense.

1 hour ago, harrycatcat1 said:

Couldn't refuse em to be honest, chap near Rother Valley that refurbished pumps wanted them ridding, 3 trips with my little trailer and some in the back of the car.

That's the circular saw operation ๐Ÿ‘

Screenshot_20200821-131006_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20200821-131057_Gallery.jpg

are you using them for fuel Harry ?ย 

1 minute ago, harrycatcat1 said:

Yes it's for a multi fuel burner, mid winter its lovely,ย  got it from that shop on Sheffield road near the old laundrette. The pallets are fuel for nothing and it warms the whole house๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

I have a cordless Black and Decker Alligator chainsaw. It will cut up to 4" trunks according to the manual, but I have cut larger. I have used it a lot down the wood while OH tackles the big stuff with the stihl petrol big chainsaw. It light, quiet and safer than a full chainsaw to use as the chain is enclosed. You oil it like a normal chainsaw. I think the chain is a 10" one. It runs on rechargeable batteries. I have 4 batteries for mine.

BLACK_DECKER_GKC1000LB.jpg

Edited by loriusgarrulus