Dry bags for swimming

Fatcatsplat

With swimming pools closed i find i'm going swimming in the sea an awful lot more and unless someone in the party votes to stay ashore or we swim in relays, we have nowhere to safely store our gear, so I'm after a small to medium dry bag that i can take swimming with me - Something i can stick phone keys and wallet in - I've got a dry wallet, but it doesn't quite hold enough.

I've got a few old canoeing dry bags, but wondered whether anybody was able to recommend a 2 to 10 litre dry bag that can take maybe an hour of being in the water and not just a bit of splashing

As they say

Education, education, education

or

Location, location, location

So, having many (30+) years experience of using dry bags

Osprey, Osprey. Osprey.

We have lashed osprey dry bags to the outside of charter vessels and still the contents were dry.

I have an Oakley dry bag with straps so it can be used as a rucksack. 

brilliant bit of kit. 

for valuables I tend to put them inside a sea safe type screw lid pot. I can’t recall the exact name but can dig it out if you want. 

I used to have a cheap phone and towel I left on shore in a crappy bag lined with a garden rubble sack. Usually by a pile of rocks or the sea wall. 

was always there when I came back. 

7 hours ago, Eyefor said:

As they say

Education, education, education

or

Location, location, location

So, having many (30+) years experience of using dry bags

Osprey, Osprey. Osprey.

We have lashed osprey dry bags to the outside of charter vessels and still the contents were dry.

I know what you mean, we used to put rocks in with the 'contents' so if we got boarded by customs one slash with a sharp knife sent the evidence to the sea bed.