Illegal immigration

bwana

6 hours ago, henry d said:

Not the same thing, seems he was older than first thought too.

Crossing the road is a choice, for many asylum seekers crossing the channel is about ensuring their safety.

😂😂😂😂😂😂 Thanks for posting, that must qualify as the funniest thing I've ever read on pigeon watch.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

From the Spectator.

Home Secretary Priti Patel visited the port of Dover last week to gee up the beleaguered Border Force and offer words of encouragement to the British people. 'It is our mission and objective to break this route up,' she told her personal cameraman and tightly-controlled media team. Priti hot footed it out of the docks as soon as the PR stunt was over. Job done for another day. More fake promises of stronger borders by a Conservative party who seem unable to control anything, let alone a porous expanse of water separating England from France.

The reality is we all know what’s going on. Not from the mainstream media who eagerly line the dock side waiting for exhausted looking women and children being brought off the boats. We all know the reality from alternative media and independent reporters that have filled the void.

I’ve covered the migrant crisis for more than five years and worked on the ground in more than eight countries. I’ve visited dozens of refugee camps and illegal migrant encampments. I’ve spent hundreds of hours with refugees and migrants listening to their stories and trying to make sense of this crisis. The picture I see in the news does not reflect my experience and that of many others.

Over my time on the refugee trail, I’ve noticed that the majority of people making the journey to Europe are males between the age of 18-35. In fact I’d estimate up to 85 per cent of the migrant influx is comprised of young men. I always found it difficult to turn on the TV and see women clutching their infants and fathers weeping as they landed on the shores of Greece. Difficult because of the humanitarian empathy that wells up within us all, but also difficult because it’s not a reality I’m seeing on the ground.

Migrants in the Calais 'jungle'

What I found over five years across the Balkans and Europe is not what’s written about in the papers, it’s not the stuff that wins journalism awards. It’s the painful reality that the refugee crisis is more complex than we are led to believe. 'Everyone who needs asylum should be given a safe place,' a leftist volunteer once told me. That’s true and it’s a nice notion to live life by, however the reality is starkly different.

What I’ve witnessed over the years is people, who by their own admission are not refugees, taking advantage of European gullibility and generosity. In 2015, when Merkel declared anyone who came will be welcomed in Germany, the door was truly opened. A green light lit up across the Middle East, Africa and other more far-flung parts of the world. With the aid of Google and volunteer organisations people knew exactly what type of persecution, sexual persuasion, religious or ethnic identity would secure them a ticket into Europe.

I don’t mean to be flippant on the subject of fraudulent asylum claims but it seems all too common. In warehouse refugee camps I’ve witnessed men from Egypt studying maps of Damascus to fabricate their identity. I’ve seen North Africans all claim to be Syrians and coincidently all from Damascus.

Migrants in Belgrade heading for a new life in Europe

Around a fire on the Serbian-Croatian border I’ve shared cigarettes and fruit with middle class, metropolitan Iranians who are taking their chances on reaching Europe. 'We will say we are Christians and suffer problems because of that. I have had friends who say they’re gay and it worked. The funny thing was when he arrived in Berlin they housed him with other gay refugees.'

Countless stories that don’t fit the narrative pushed on the evening telly fall by the way side. Violence, drugs, alcohol, disease and criminality are the bleak reality I saw on Europe’s borders. I shared the hardship to an extent to understand what truly drives people to pack up everything and come to Europe.

Thousands and thousands of genuine refugees suffer in the Balkan barbed wire. More lie restless in stifling, overcrowded camps waiting for their turn to continue onwards to Europe. In the West, we know all of this yet we neglect to have the difficult conversations that are vital moving forwards.

How do we protect public health with an influx of uncontrolled migration? How do we address the elephant in the room: integration? What about family reunification? The numbers are vast! If Germany has six million new arrivals then how many more will come if their families are allowed to join them? How will Europe cope with all these people?

The British public are alarmed by what they see in Dover. Not out of a knee jerk, racist reaction but out of a genuine sense of concern. People have the right to ask questions: Where are these people going to live? What about the school placements? The doctor’s surgeries? The opportunities to work in an already crumbling economy?

The reality is we all know what we are hearing about the refugee crisis is not the full picture. It’s not as clear cut as the London bubble would have us believe. Across the world, there are hundreds of millions who would qualify for EU asylum. The question we are all going to have to ask is how much is enough? How many people can the West really take?

Edward Crawford is a freelance photojournalist and videographer

An interesting viewpoint. 

A shame it is too late to do anything about the awful situation.

We should simply set up a border facility in France and provide proper transport to the UK for those that are in France wanting to come to the UK and meet an agreed quota. They should be provided with a supporting integration and resettlement package.

Whilst at the same time leading a European effort to resolve the crisis and build a properly structured safe haven option.

6 minutes ago, crosswaters said:

I don't care anymore. 

Bring in more give them bigger dinghys if fact why not border and coastguard go and pick them up from the French beach's. 

Why I don't care is because why should I care when the government don't do a thing to stop them ...More more more please.

government are bringing in more that’s what the 4000 extra beds they have found are for criminals and that’s what they are trying to enter the country illegally given a lift to the very place they are making for total madness! 

1 hour ago, oowee said:

We should simply set up a border facility in France and provide proper transport to the UK for those that are in France wanting to come to the UK and meet an agreed quota. They should be provided with a supporting integration and resettlement package.

Whilst at the same time leading a European effort to resolve the crisis and build a properly structured safe haven option.

And just how are you going to know who these people are , when they have thrown away any form if ID . ???

38 minutes ago, crosswaters said:

I don't care anymore. 

Bring in more give them bigger dinghys if fact why not border and coastguard go and pick them up from the French beach's. 

Why I don't care is because why should I care when the government don't do a thing to stop them ...More more more please.

Good post, I expect a lot of people feel the same as you do.

Imagine what would happen if i took my 5 year old daughter out in a rubber dinghy in one of the busiest shipping lanes in the world with no life jackets and long tailed shovels for oars trying to score free entry to europe after brexit and had to be rescued. Do you reckon I could claim free accommodation? You bet your backside I could by being jailed for reckless endangerment and would lose any right to be with my child, would be on the front pages of the newspapers as the worst father in history and be labelled as a complete idiot.

If these people are in this country being able to make(or beg on the streets for) money while applying for asylum, even if they are kicked out the process takes so long that they could be returning ro their own country with enough money in their pocket to pay the smugglers for a 2nd go, or even return with enough to live a very comfortable life in their former country.

We just don’t need them. They are the epitome of “good for nothing”. I’ll tell you that because I’ve told them the same. Take a look at the classy ****hole countries that they flood from, its no different from what they’ll bring here.
 We’ve just had a large number removed from the Rivenhall hotel, thanks mainly to it being highlighted by Nigel Farage turning up and being told to leave. Priti Patel, who’s constituents live opposite, then took action after hearing that nobody wants them there. We just don’t need unskilled, uneducated “gimme, gimme, gimme” humans on the island.

10 hours ago, johnphilip said:

And just how are you going to know who these people are , when they have thrown away any form if ID . ???

How do we do it now? 

They require proper vetting language and dialect testing.

We are a civilised, wealthy country we should not be looking the other way when there are people in need. We are currently watching over a ridiculous and dangerous situation and allowing politics to get in the way of a solution. That can't be right. 

What do you suggest?

33 minutes ago, Pistol p said:

We just don’t need them. They are the epitome of “good for nothing”. I’ll tell you that because I’ve told them the same. Take a look at the classy ****hole countries that they flood from, its no different from what they’ll bring here.
 We’ve just had a large number removed from the Rivenhall hotel, thanks mainly to it being highlighted by Nigel Farage turning up and being told to leave. Priti Patel, who’s constituents live opposite, then took action after hearing that nobody wants them there. We just don’t need unskilled, uneducated “gimme, gimme, gimme” humans on the island.

I totally agree .

1 minute ago, bruno22rf said:

Let's simplify this - all those who welcome these Immigrants should register their details on HMRC website - the cost of keeping these scum could then be divided among those who want them here, happy with that Henry?

That would be an interesting approach!

3 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

Let's simplify this - all those who welcome these Immigrants should register their details on HMRC website - the cost of keeping these scum could then be divided among those who want them here, happy with that Henry?

or even put them up in a spare bedroom  . 

7 minutes ago, oowee said:

How do we do it now? 

We are a civilised, wealthy country we should not be looking the other way when there are people in need. We are currently watching over a ridiculous and dangerous situation and allowing politics to get in the way of a solution. That can't be right. 

What do you suggest?

We can find a body in the alps thats many hundreds of years old take a bit of tooth and find out what country it came from what sort of diet it ait etc 

but the ******* would probably all come over with as set of false teeth after paying   a criminal dentist thousands of notes to extract all  there teeth.🤣

43 minutes ago, oowee said:

How do we do it now? 

What do you suggest?

I suggest we do nothing.  Its not our problem . They should not reach our shores , as they are then becoming our problem . What purpose do they serve coming here , how would they benefit  our country . They don't care about you and what you would do for them . They are not great full.  They will turn there back on you . There seems to be thousands of these people you see  thanking you as the come of a boat to different  parts of Europe  . They have gone into countries like France and Germany  started  doing want and damage to towns and cities  rape , stealing , destruction of things.  These same people who but a few weeks earlier  were so pleased they had been saved .as they came ashore . 

So to be brutal I want nothing to do with them , or any of there kind . If they have a problem in there country  they should have stood together and done something about it . They are not my problem  . 

Edited by johnphilip

57 minutes ago, johnphilip said:

I suggest we do nothing.  Its not our problem . They should not reach our shores , as they are then becoming our problem . What purpose do they serve coming here , how would they benefit  our country . They don't care about you and what you would do for them . They are not great full.  They will turn there back on you . There seems to be thousands of these people you see  thanking you as the come of a boat to different  parts of Europe  . They have gone into countries like France and Germany  started  doing want and damage to towns and cities  rape , stealing , destruction of things.  These same people who but a few weeks earlier  were so pleased they had been saved .as they came ashore . 

So to be brutal I want nothing to do with them , or any of there kind . If they have a problem in there country  they should have stood together and done something about it . They are not my problem  . 

If we are to do anything about this problem we have to consider it rationally, and sweeping generalisations such as that above don’t help. Granted there will be undesirables amongst them, but NOT ALL. 
There are many many immigrants functioning well, raising families and contributing to society as a whole in the UK.  

Just a idea 

set up properly a immigration centre in a channel port with protocols to be observed And policed 

any potential asylum seekers not catching a ferry and having any paperwork returned 

registration of the country of origin essential and returning to it when the conflict is resolved 

I’m afraid the constant influx of Illegal asylum seekers is just fuelling the criminal element who will inevitably exploit them 

there’s not any trying to get across today 

1 hour ago, johnphilip said:

That is such a very sad and selfish outlook on humanity. Seeing others as objects, rather than people much the same as ourselves. Such a polarized and adversarial view of 'them' begs the question why you feel such animosity towards those less fortunate than yourself?

Compassion and empathy for the plight of other humans, is a trait that in part separates human from animal. Surely we can have a better world when we think not just of what's in it for me?  

14 minutes ago, oowee said:

Compassion and empathy for the plight of other humans, is a trait that in part separates human from animal. Surely we can have a better world when we think not just of what's in it for me? 

How big did you say your house was Grant ? :|

17 minutes ago, oowee said:

That is such a very sad and selfish outlook on humanity. Seeing others as objects, rather than people much the same as ourselves. Such a polarized and adversarial view of 'them' begs the question why you feel such animosity towards those less fortunate than yourself?

Because  charity should begin  at home we should look after our own . If all countries did the same we would not have this problem .

There are givers and there are takers , how can we realy tell who is who to many times have I seen those helped throw it back in your face . Its not sad nor selfish its been honest and about caring for those close to you . 

I dont know who these people are nor trust them , and as so have no time for them .

They are not my problem , and don't wish them to be . We can't take on all the worlds problems , for they are not ours . 

You have your belives , and I have mine,  I dont condone yours so please do not condone mine . 

Oh and re animals , we have a lot to learn from them , and nature to .

Edited by johnphilip

2 hours ago, johnphilip said:

I trust if Britain ever became a nightmare state where children were raped and murdered you would not even consider sending your young family members away to safety, as that would so obviously be the wrong thing to do. 

When I had lumps in my throat and on my thyroid I had my life saved by an immigrant (Iranian Muslim) to this country I don't know how he came to be in this country I'm just grateful he was. I trust in the same situation you would refuse his help. 

I am not ashamed of being a zionistic jew but I am ashamed of once viewing all Iranians as my enemy. 

Edited by toontastic