Illegal immigration

bwana

11 hours ago, JDog said:

Don't you have the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans and the Gulf of Mexico and a tight border with Canada?

Canada’s border mostly unguarded,  and the Mexican border is a 3 string barb wire cattle fence.  But it’s getting better.  We are building a wall as we speak. 5ec038368ed9f.image.jpg?resize=1200,782Borderwall-Cover-1200x900.jpg

10 hours ago, Vince Green said:

The border with canada is not tight there are thousands of miles where there is no physical border at all. But Canadians and US citizens have free access both ways

This, Canada has roughly the same quality of life as the USA.  So Canadians cross the border get cheap gas and food and drive back.  Same with Americans, we drive across and come back freely with cheap lumber.  Since 911 the crossings near city’s will have a check point but there is not a fence or real barrier.  

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Doesn’t Britain have the largest navy in the world behind the USA.  I feel like if the powers to be wanted to they could patrol the channel.  

USA is about third biggest navy in the world, Britain is way down the list, after Brexit is finally done our Navy is going to be busy keeping hundreds of French, Spanish, Dutch and Danish trawlers from illegally fishing in our waters. Its going to be a war.

45 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Doesn’t Britain have the largest navy in the world behind the USA.  I feel like if the powers to be wanted to they could patrol the channel.  

I'm sorry to say the UK has gone soft and doesn't have the stomach to deal with the problem. It's not just the UK, it's many westernised countries. Having said that, I would wish anyone trying to get to NZ by boat, the very best of luck!

57 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

They can and do patrol the channel,  unfortunately they just aren't allowed to do what's necessary. 

31 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

USA is about third biggest navy in the world, Britain is way down the list, after Brexit is finally done our Navy is going to be busy keeping hundreds of French, Spanish, Dutch and Danish trawlers from illegally fishing in our waters. Its going to be a war.

I hope it's not going to be war, but its certainly time our waters were just that, with our trawlers catching our fish.

9 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I see Banksy the secret painter has bought a boat to rescue illegal immigrants in the channel, would that be taking them back to France 🤔

The boat is rescuing immigrants in the Mediterranean not the Channel. 

A lot of the Spanish trawlers have already said they cannot stop fishing in British waters after Brexit. Its not possible for them to catch enough fish to pay their way anywhere further south.

Their whole business model involves not only fishing in British waters but blatantly exceeding their legal quotas many times over. Its not possible to run a boat that big for that many days out at sea by only catching what they are supposed to be catching. But when they get back to their home port no questions are asked about where all this fish has come from

Every body knows it, the Cornish fishermen have been complaining for years but we only have three fishery protection vessels. Averagely two at sea at any time. With mobile phones that work at sea now the position of those two fishery protection vessels is known to all the foreign trawlers in British waters all the time. So the deterrent factor is zero.

No British trawlers fish in Spanish waters so its hardly a reciprocal arrangement

Edited by Vince Green

4 hours ago, Vince Green said:

After looking it up I’m surprised North Korea has the world’s largest navy.  

14 hours ago, AVB said:

The boat is rescuing immigrants in the Mediterranean not the Channel.

It seems that the Banksy boat has become 'unable to move' and none of the European countries are helping; now there's a surprise!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8676619/Banksy-funded-refugee-rescue-boat-s-calls-help-ignored.html

15 hours ago, Vince Green said:

Their whole business model involves not only fishing in British waters but blatantly exceeding their legal quotas many times over.

Which is why, regardless of how Farage and UKIP tried to portray it as, that any fish not on a boat's quota manifest was made, by Fishery protection patrols, to be thrown back into the sea to prevent such, literally, "old Spanish customs". Elsewise there'd always be the excuse that the boat was fishing for "X" but "accidentally" caught "Y" and so as that catch is now on board it'd be such a shame to allow it to be wasted.

Edited by enfieldspares

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

If as reported, the "Artist" Banksy is paying for a boat that is collecting illegal immigrants in the Mediterranean, should he be liable for their care?

The people his boat rescued have now had to be rescued from his boat.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/banksy-funded-migrant-rescue-boat-helped-by-italian-coastguard-after-it-became-stranded-in-mediterranean-sea-12059020

On 29/08/2020 at 01:07, NoBodyImportant said:

After looking it up I’m surprised North Korea has the world’s largest navy.  

I wonder if they would lend us a few ships

22 hours ago, armsid said:

So the Italians have rescued the occupants of the listing boat ? Will Banksy or the Italians clothe and feed them?  

Italy is having some success with picking them up while still at sea and taking them straight back to Lybia. Thats the way forward 

On 28/08/2020 at 17:35, Vince Green said:

No you are fundamentally wrong in what you say. WE don't allow them to come, THE FRENCH allow them to come. Lets not lose sight of that very important fact

We are being shafted by the French and they are loving it.

If the French were doing what they were supposed to do the migrants wouldn't be sitting in Calais in the first place 

Sorry Bud - I must have misunderstood where you were coming from!! And I fully agree with what you say there :)