55 year sentence

Rob85

He will not do anything like this sentence, the world,and our judicial system,will be a greatly changed one by then.I give him 20 at longest,the UK does not go in for long terms nowadays,any excuse to re -integrate into society.And by what law did he refuse to appear for sentence, he was in custody and had  been convicted.If he had refused to enter his cell in the nick he would have been manhandled into it in double quick time ,same should have applied here and if he kicked off the  that's contempt and he could be dealt with there and then and kicked downstairs.

11 hours ago, Jim Neal said:

Length of sentence means little - when's his parole?  After how long is he going to be released on the quiet?

I think the punishment should fit the crime.  Put him in a grain hopper and chuck a hand grenade in after him.

I agree with yore option of punishment, but a minimum of 55 years is a good deterrent, hard labour would be even better. 

10 hours ago, JDog said:

There are no deterrents for these fanatics.

That is the inescapable truth.

All i hope is that very early on in his minimum term of 55 years that he realises his faith in his poisoned ideology is misplaced and every single day he sinks deeper into despair at the waste of his own life, let alone those who he helped murder.

I’d rather he lived every day in utter stinking misery than being afforded the release by being killed.

Living in the North West it was all a bit close to home. A few months earlier I picked my daughter and her friends up from the same venue. One of my friends taught one of the victims, a couple of the victims only lived a few villages away from me.

Heinous crimes such as this deserve a capital sentence.