pure aniseed powder

Hi all,

I have just bought 1kg of pure powdered/ground aniseed ,not sure how much  to add to a 25kg bag of feed as the powered bird puller we used about an egg cup full but a 5kg tub probably only has about 1 kg of pure aniseed in it. so was thinking a teaspoon, anyone tried it? at £13 thought it worth a go.

I use it on my tree rat flip top feed. My tubs come with a scoop and I tipped a 25k bag of whole maize and a 22k bag of mixed corn and a couple of handfuls of peanuts in the cement mixer pour a bottle of cheap cooking oil on top and leave the mix for about 10 mins then throw on a tub ( about a tea cup full ) that is a posh tea cup not one of these monster thingies and a half and let it mix for anothet en minutes. The oil lets the aniseed dust stick to the corn.   For birds I would say a tea cup full for the same amount of corn would be adequate.

I buy my aniseed from a supplier in Lincolnshire in biggish tubs certainly more than a kg. I will have a look and get the details.  Pulls the tree rats and the small song birs seem to love it too.

Don't know if my stuff is pure aniseed but it certainly smells that way.  Details latter.

Edited by Walker570