Cheap youths 20b

Salmo

I have a Webley and Scott 20b OU. 

30" barrels, single selective trigger, really nice walnut stock, multichoke, youth stock £ 600 + RFD cost.

I would recommend getting a gunsmith to check it over service wise as it had been in the gun cabinet for a while.

I had a Yildiz 28 bore with an adult stock , which I had shortened. I kept the piece that came off and simply screwed that back on if I wanted to use the gun. You have to remove the heel plate to change the stock,  remove whatever heel plate you have for the youngster and add your own, easy.

On 21/08/2020 at 17:21, bruno22rf said:

KOFS do one - replacement Walnut stocks are under £70 - think Yildiz are around the same? I have a KOFS Sceptre and would recommend it to anyone - unbeatable for the price - look for a used one.

Where could I buy one of these stocks?

I was looking for a similar gun for a while.

There were few browning medalists with shortened stocks.

For me the potential "problem" is the gun balance. I think that a 28 or a 30" adult gun with the stock shortened could be barrel heavy. 

I ended up getting an O/U 26" with 13.5 stock on guntrader.  

It should be here today. 

15 hours ago, Salmo said:

We it’s more obvious when it’s broken and simpler for a youngster to use . Safety is paramount and easier learned with an O/U than an auto 

I'd argue that the additional focus on safety with an SA makes for a safer shooter and avoids some of those "Oh Sugar" moments we've all seen on clay grounds. There's also less felt recoil in an SA, may be better for a youth?

It's your choice though mate, hope the lad/lass gets something nice and enjoys the sport.

I’m using very light loads but I like the confidence of seeing it broken / open . He’s getting a SA next year but he will be in a hide with me at geese / pigeons . I will be in complete control then . I hoping to give him a go at driven this year thus the 20