Peugot 207 SW thoughts please

wisdom

Peugeot are a bit naughty about the availability of spares for cars over ten years old. They just delist them, obviously thats their policy 

1.6 engines are bombproof, electrics are weak 

Agree with GingerCat you will never go far wrong with a Honda Jazz

Edited by Vince Green

9 hours ago, matone said:

Another vote for the Jazz here,2yr with one ,it was one of the best thought out cars I`ve owned ,like a Tardis for carrying stuff ! Ran on fumes too ,why have diesel!!!!

Not sure a 1.3 petrol engine is good for high miles, a young lad was given his mum's 6 Yr old jazz and its been looked after but high millage and its starting to cost him money 

My OH's got a 1.4 Jazz, it 12 years old now and it regularly does 700 to 800 miles in a week shuttling back and forward between London and Cornwall at the moment

The secret for a good engine life really is in the oil. You must only use fully synthetic oil and the engine will last for ever. Budget oil is false economy but you have to trust your garage is using decent oil because a lot don't. 

Even the best garages buy cheap oil

Edited by Vince Green

I don't use a garage, a friend services my current car. Seat altea xl 2 litre tdi. This is also fully synthetic oil. I have it serviced every 10-12 k so about every 6 months. Breaks checked, shockers etc. Its needed one shocker and the breaks doing, generally wear and tare and it's cam belt etc was done at 85k. 

I do like the idea of a smaller petrol car next time, if it handles 20k of motorway driving a year