Decoys recommendation

Dave2107

20 minutes ago, Dave2107 said:

Looking to replace some pigeon decoys. At the moment I use full and half shell. There getting old and don’t want to try to paint them. So looking to buy new 

Just spray them with grey primer and white bits with mat emulsion. 

Paint them. Print photo of pigeon on A4 paper. Take to B&Q paint mixing dept for sample pots of both shades of grey. (They scan colours to get matching colour mix) obviously you don't say why you need it, just looking for 'pigeon grey colours!. White emulsion for the bars. Cheaper than new purchase.

8 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

I refreshed my wood pigeon decoys by mixing my children’s acrylic paint by eye. Thy ended up looking like a stock doves in a bad drag act. Still worked fine. 

must be a lot of queer pigeons round by you then , I will order you some pink catridges, did you watch the naked civil servant last week , don't worry they will still pull em in.

• 3 months later...

Buy just one more lot and have done with it - Flexicoy - not as good as the original version, but still the best. They are lighter (weight) now than they were but the weight is still the one disadvantage should you have to carry them any distance.

Mind you, having said that I've just noticed the original post date - must be sorted by now.

• 4 weeks later...