Wheat stubble

Jacko3275

I've developed a love/hate thing with shotkam footage.

I love to see the real life action down the barrel of other peoples' guns.

But I hate it because I know that the reticle is only accurate at a certain range - I'm screaming at you to lift into it or swing through it more but in reality it's probably not a true picture of where the gun's actually pointing!

7 hours ago, Jim Neal said:

I've developed a love/hate thing with shotkam footage.

I love to see the real life action down the barrel of other peoples' guns.

But I hate it because I know that the reticle is only accurate at a certain range - I'm screaming at you to lift into it or swing through it more but in reality it's probably not a true picture of where the gun's actually pointing!

I know what you mean. His reticle is definitely low, whilst the swing through issue / lack of lead is to do with human error. It takes practice and @Jacko3275 is getting better. 

One aspect that didn’t help Jacko on Saturday was that he was standing on sloping ground. Once he sees lead and the lead required I am sure his shooting will improve. 

Whether he shoots well or not he is very good company and is always grateful for a day out.

We all miss, and with the shotkam it is easy to see where you miss and why you sometimes don't get the bird on the ground due to technique.

I notice you tend to shoot swing through on everything except incoming birds, when you are much more controlled as generally use maintained lead.

This results in a good kill ratio as you give your self time to read the line of the bird.

I would avoid those wildly quartering away birds as it is doing nothing to build your confidence.

In your position |I would try to calm things down a bit, spend a bit longer tracking the bird using maintained lead, and those committed decoying birds needed very little and I think you will be far more successful.

Hold off taking those 2nd shots in frustration.

You have certainly got the measure of the incoming shots so have something to build on.

Use the time the birds are giving you, slow down, shoot in a more controlled manner and your shooting will improve I am sure.

You were not far off in a lot of those shots.

Oh - and remember to check the point of aim for the Shotkam - 25 yards is a good distance to set at.

Nice little true to life video by the way.

Edited by Shotkam

I have been missing high so trying to adjust maybe I don’t  need to or I’m just over doing it 

8 minutes ago, JMsTV said:

well in Jacko , the line taken seems to be right just slightly below I once had this issue and put a stock extension on my old gun , this made a massive difference 👌 keep the videos coming 

1 minute ago, old'un said:

Not sure if its because you were trying to get a video of the birds coming into the decoys but the gun is at your shoulder far to long.

My guess is that he has been taught to pre mount the gun at a clay ground and is now trying to shoot like that in the field.

13 hours ago, JDog said:

One aspect that didn’t help Jacko on Saturday was that he was standing on sloping ground. Once he sees lead and the lead required I am sure his shooting will improve. 

Whether he shoots well or not he is very good company and is always grateful for a day out.

Thankyou sir... I am always grateful that I’ve have been out shooting it’s one of the best sports ever whether I shoot good or bad I’m still having a go ... clay or game have nothing on pigeons 

3 hours ago, old'un said:

Not sure if its because you were trying to get a video of the birds coming into the decoys but the gun is at your shoulder far to long.

I don't think he is taking too long to take a shot - remember a Shotkam plays back at 1/3 speed.

He is actually most successful on shots where he takes his time.

As has been said, gun fit is paramount and often overlooked, also the pattern plate reveals a lot.

I find it most refreshing to have someone here that is relatively new to the game, is honest, very keen, but more especially is eager to learn from others and his own increasing experience.

Not only that, he is apparently good company, which makes for an enjoyable day all round.

Well done Jacko, keep at it and keep those videos coming.

OB

4 hours ago, Old Boggy said:

I find it most refreshing to have someone here that is relatively new to the game, is honest, very keen, but more especially is eager to learn from others and his own increasing experience.

Not only that, he is apparently good company, which makes for an enjoyable day all round.

Well done Jacko, keep at it and keep those videos coming.

OB

Will do cheers

the majority of your misses were as a result of not swinging the gun with the path of the bird...you were coming up at an angle from beneath.......looking at you previous videos you have completly changed your style from before.....

love you putting the videos up wharts an all..........we all go thro patches like this.........:good:

46 minutes ago, ditchman said:

the majority of your misses were as a result of not swinging the gun with the path of the bird...you were coming up at an angle from beneath.......looking at you previous videos you have completly changed your style from before.....

love you putting the videos up wharts an all..........we all go thro patches like this.........:good:

Rushing I think due to wind I think bad bad day but of to park lodge on Friday  going to  try a round or two of skeet And then try some towers for the longer range bird see if I can iron out what was going wrong

24 minutes ago, ianspire said:

@Jacko3275 i like the fact you put your video's up even if you have bad day, showing your hits and misses, so thank you 

cheers I try and keep em coming got a GoPro coming so hopefully can mix the angles up a bit 

Edited by Jacko3275