lightweight waterproof jacket

blankmag

I have a Musto Fenland Packaway jacket which is very light and folds up to go in its own pocket. It appears to be fairly waterproof, but not tried it in extreme conditions. It's a good lightweight summer jacket.

They sell for around £130 but I won mine with the 'Letter of the Month' in Sporting Gun a few years ago when I could afford and wished to read many of the shooting magazines. I now get most of my reading matter from this wonderful forum.

OB

14 hours ago, WelshAndy said:

Just bought a stoney creek stow it for the same reason, I will update you when it arrives 👍🏻

Mine arrived this week … looks like it should do the job, but I'll leave it a couple of years for the review though!!

Edited by Smokersmith

On 24/08/2020 at 14:18, Smokersmith said:

I've had a couple of the very lightweight Cabelas 'dry plus' layers, and they were great for a season or so … then I ended up wet. Not available for purchase now in the UK as they've stopped shipping to us 😞

I think some of the fly fishing jackets are very good quality … but I've just bought a Stony Creek top layer thing … not tested it yet but will feedback as the season progresses.

Sorry missed your original post 🙈😂 

hope they live up to the hype 👍🏻