Best recycled cases for reloding

Hi chaps 

looking for a bit of advice for cases for reloding steel cartridges 

there’s plenty of choice at the clay ground and I’m wondering what the best will be there all clay cartridges 70 mm having looked in the skip the majority used fall into 5 makes 

the choice is

fiochie

rc 

express power gold 

gamebore white 

hull superfast 

which is the best for me to use to Relode steel into 

Or should I just by new cases 

many thanks 

of 

9 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

I'd imagine that with the exception of the Fiocchi that the UK brands are, likely, all Cheddite make cases. Best for reloading if you can get them are American cases wit true brass heads. Failing that cases that have been fired through a gun with tight chambers as you'll have less re-sizing effort to do!

Thank you for the reply 

iv been unable to get any American cases my plan was to use the cases mainly fired in my gun and reload them with steel for the game shooting 

I shall keep my eye out for any Winchester cases 

many thanks 

of 

Hi N.

i use new primed Fiocchi cases from John at Folkstone engineering. He does a great price on new primed cases. If you order 2000 delivered, they work out at 6p each. A primer alone is around 4p. The other factor I’ve found, is factory cases are skived. So the mouths get stretched and split, so take a bit of sorting and trimming. I don’t skiv mine so they can be used several times over before the are no longer useable. But tbh, I can’t be bothered with the faffing for saving 2p!😀
hope this helps.

4 hours ago, turbo33 said:

Hi N.

i use new primed Fiocchi cases from John at Folkstone engineering. He does a great price on new primed cases. If you order 2000 delivered, they work out at 6p each. A primer alone is around 4p. The other factor I’ve found, is factory cases are skived. So the mouths get stretched and split, so take a bit of sorting and trimming. I don’t skiv mine so they can be used several times over before the are no longer useable. But tbh, I can’t be bothered with the faffing for saving 2p!😀
hope this helps.

Many thanks for the reply and useful information 

however primed cases are a transport issue for me geographically however I have a few 1000 primers To use so I’ll be recycling old cases 

many thanks 

Of

Guest cookoff013
16 hours ago, turbo33 said:

Hi N.

hope this helps.

Yeah. I use these!

On 24/08/2020 at 13:20, cookoff013 said:

Yeah. I use these!

Yeah me too

bought a couple of thousand off a fellow reloaders widow ( who died of natural causes by the way ) she was relieved  to get rid of it all and she was very happy with the money and i was very happy with what I got so a win win situation all round 

If your using once fired OF just be aware there are two primer sizes. Eley and Maxam like Rio etc all use a slightly larger primer hole and you'll need the suitable Rio 209 primers, the rest use chedite CX primers. 

I would load them from the clayground no problems, look for nice thick undamaged cases, you should get more reloads out of them.

17 minutes ago, figgy said:

If your using once fired OF just be aware there are two primer sizes. Eley and Maxam like Rio etc all use a slightly larger primer hole and you'll need the suitable Rio 209 primers, the rest use chedite CX primers. 

I would load them from the clayground no problems, look for nice thick undamaged cases, you should get more reloads out of them.

Thank you for the reply fortunately rarely come across eley or Rio cases I’ve had the best results with the rc cases and the red express cases 

the power gold cases have been a bit intermittent on the reloding the cases seem weak just above the longer head and bulge on crimping 

3 hours ago, figgy said:

Interesting thanks, that explains my loose fitting primers in my once fired Eley .410s.

Old Farrier I've had bulging on brand new cheddite cases, some seem to be a bit thin and pliable. 

Good cases make the reloading easier.

Windswept the Rio primers make big difference, no glue or paper to get the primers to stay in.

Just get the right number of hot or cooler primer for your load and powder, I use the 209 for steel powder.

1 hour ago, figgy said:

Old Farrier I've had bulging on brand new cheddite cases, some seem to be a bit thin and pliable. 

Good cases make the reloading easier.

Windswept the Rio primers make big difference, no glue or paper to get the primers to stay in.

Just get the right number of hot or cooler primer for your load and powder, I use the 209 for steel powder.

That’s refreshing I thought it was me doing something stupid 

apreciate it’s easier with new cases however at the moment recycling once used fulfils my save the planet ethic 😊👍

4 minutes ago, harkom said:

Would some new Activ cases be useful to you?

Not familiar with the brand 😊Definitely be useful thanks for the offer 

I’ve got some new cases and not a problem buying more 

I’m just trying to save the planet by recycling once used from the clay grounds some are working fine others appear to be single use only