Lyalvale English sporter

On 24/08/2020 at 19:19, London Best said:

What makes you think that because a cartridge is called pigeon power it will kill more pigeons than another cartridge which you perceive to be ‘clay specific’?  A cartridge is a cartridge. One gram of the next larger shot size will not make a bit of difference.

Well said. 49 cartridges for 22 birds in 50 mph winds is good for me as we don’t have thousands of birds here I was happy with that on that day sorry . i expect you  could of got 49 for 49 with your ammo

On 25/08/2020 at 10:42, JDog said:

What chokes did you have in your gun?

I have long considered using 7.5 shot but it may be less effective in quarter choke compared to three quarters choke. My guns are fixed chokes.

Mines full choke perfect at 30. - 60 yards 

1 hour ago, Shotguneddy said:

Just cartridges but that’s with  15 deliverey on top 

Hello, ok, could you not pick them up ? They do not seem to be that much cheaper now compared to what other PW members pay, and yet they buy in huge bulk pallet loads, 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

53 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, ok, could you not pick them up ? They do not seem to be that much cheaper now compared to what other PW members pay, and yet they buy in huge bulk pallet loads, 

I was to busy that time so just had them delivered. Alot of people are saying now that it’s illegal to shoot pigeons/crows on a Sunday for some reason this is not true 

27 minutes ago, Shotguneddy said:

I was to busy that time so just had them delivered. Alot of people are saying now that it’s illegal to shoot pigeons/crows on a Sunday for some reason this is not true 

Hello, no that is not true, maybe someone near where you shoot around the village has complained to the farmer ?

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

It was a couple of locals from the village saying to me about other people shooting saying they looked on the internet and it says can’t shoot wild birds on sundays I told them that’s old don’t believe everything you read on the internet I have copy’s of the latest gl which I will happily show them, thanks 

11 minutes ago, Shotguneddy said:

It was a couple of locals from the village saying to me about other people shooting saying they looked on the internet and it says can’t shoot wild birds on sundays I told them that’s old don’t believe everything you read on the internet I have copy’s of the latest gl which I will happily show them, thanks 

Hello, oh well they are wrong, what ever farm you shoot on if farmers happy for you to shoot on Sundays and crop protection carry on, I was going to suggest try game bore velocity but they are about same price, although to pokey for my O/U, cheers

10 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, oh well they are wrong, what ever farm you shoot on if farmers happy for you to shoot on Sundays and crop protection carry on, I was going to suggest try game bore velocity but they are about same price, although to pokey for my O/U, cheers

Exactly what I will tell anyone else if asked. Game bore velocity are another good cartridge also to pokey for my s/s but good cartridge I used to use Rio games and they were excellent to . Thanks for your input/time

Just now, Shotguneddy said:

Exactly what I will tell anyone else if asked. Game bore velocity are another good cartridge also to pokey for my s/s but good cartridge I used to use Rio games and they were excellent to . Thanks for your input/time

Hello, good for you Ed, no problem,cheers

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/08/2020 at 08:27, oldypigeonpopper said:

It is illegal to shoot game birds on any Sunday or on Christmas Day so they may have been getting mixed up

2 hours ago, Lever357 said:

It is illegal to shoot game birds on any Sunday or on Christmas Day so they may have been getting mixed up

Hello, we are not talking on shooting game birds, Edy shoots pigeon and blackies, his first post was about cartridges, as to your post above you could well be right they may have said without realising Ed was doing crop protection or not happy with the noise on a Sunday, it's a bit like the actor Patrick Stewart moving in to a village and complaining on the clay shooting club (fortnightly) shoot that has been going years, grumpy victor meldrews 😁

On 18/09/2020 at 15:34, BenBhoy said:

English sporter gives me sore shoulder next day. 

I did a simulated game day a couple of years ago and took along all the fibre wads I had tucked away - 30 and 32 g game, 21, 24 and 28 g clay, four different manufacturers.

The thumpiest of the lot by far were the English Sporters.