Original Barbour Westmoreland Gilet.

mr who?

Guys , I have for sale an original Barbour Westmoreland Gilet , NOT one of the cheapy knockoffs . This is one of those items of clothing that I will always own , as soon as one dies , I'd go right out to buy a replacement . Having said that , I currently own 3 , the oldest being over 20 years old and still going strong , so can probably afford to get rid of at least one!

Colour is classic Barbour Sage (Green) , size is large , having said that , my weight has gone from 14 stone up to 18 and back down to 14ish again and I always managed to still be comfortable in it , of course , when I'm hovering around 14 stone I can still get a padded/quilted jacket or thin puffer coat underneath . When I was about 18 stone I could only get a shirt or tee shirt under .

All zips and pockets in perfect working order , NO rips or tears . The whole garment has that nicely "Lived in" look you only really get with a used Barbour . Was last rewaxed sometime last year , so not in need of doing anytime soon , the wax has of course dried off so no risk of any transfer onto say a car seat belt which can happen with new jackets or ones that have just been rewaxed .

This Gilet has had two brass eyelets added to the bellow style pocket flaps , I've also added two small black plastic Ds to the bottom of the pocket flaps , something I do with all my field jackets to use as tie down points for securing items to myself . They fold away out of sight when not used or needed , and of course could be removed if the new owner don't like them . I've also sown a small black patch of material to the big and chunky zipper . This stops it from hitting metal on metal when you are stalking , also makes it easier to grip with cold/wet fingers or when wearing gloves .

For anyone who has actually owned one of these , they will tell you that they are super comfortable to wear for long periods , surprisingly warm when they need to be , hard wearing and well worth investing in one .

So , how much am I asking? Good question guys . Seems 2nd hand in "Great" condition ones tend to sell for about £100/120ish not including postage . So I honestly believe that if I was to price this at £90 and that includes recorded postage out to the buyer that is a more than fair price guys?

Photos and further information available should anyone require it? Can send the photos via Text , Whatsapp or Email . Please feel free to contact me should anyone be interested?

All the very best guys .

Andy .

Seems on closer inspection that the collar on mine is different , photos are available on request for anyone interested? Not sure of the age , but guessing mines pretty old , maybe of an "Older" design,  not really sure to be 100% honest though. Having said that , it's still in excellent condition and has many years of life left in it . 

All the very best fellas . 

Andy .