Split CV Boot Kits

ph5172

Anyone had any joy with the above that you fit without having half the car apart. 

you appear to bind the 2 sections together  

it’s my old car I use for shooting and towing and it’s due an MOT in October so I don’t want to fork out until it’s been in for that 

I tried one many years ago whilst on holiday. Bought it from Halfords in Taunton and fitted it in the car park outside the shop. Never replaced it for the rest of the time I had the car. It worked incredibly well, so well in fact that I bought another as a "come in handy" thing but never had recourse to use it. It's still in the workshop somewhere. Just keep everything totally grease/oil free and take your time.

yes they are ok got all the front cv boots glue  on an old nissan terrano been on 3 years and no probs.

saved a pile of work,bought em off the bay think they were about 10quid a kit.

use a light smear of the superglue supplied and do it in inch sections at a time, do a dry run and make sure everything fits when trimmed and is grease free before bonding.

splodge the grease satchet in at the end before crimping in place.

Edited by Remimax

• 2 weeks later...

I have used the split CV boot the one you glue and it was a disaster and ones that worked didn't last. I have used the cone method with the stretch CV boot a fitted dozens over time and been very successful , something like this just to give you an idea . I haven't use this kit.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Universal-STRETCH-Drive-Dismantling-Grease/dp/B00P7VZIVI

Mine split on my Range Rover -  rang my local  RR spannerman only to be told that they don't replace CV boots anymore - they replace the entire driveshaft!! Thank god I shopped around - genuine driveshaft over £700 + VAT......J&R trading (terrible reputation) £49.99 inc next day delivery - arrived in a damaged box with a snapped jubilee type clip but replaced that for pennies and the shaft has been on now for nearly 2 years without any bother.