Exagerated bags

Balotelli

5 minutes ago, Old Boggy said:

Totally agree. I think that Jacko’s honesty and enthusiasm to learn from more experienced people on this forum has obviously paid dividends. As for ‘patronising comments’, I don’t think that words of encouragement can in any way be regarded as patronising. 
I was beginning to believe that Balotelli may have had some useful input to the forum, but now believe he just likes to promote a reaction and is a negative contributor.

OB

Agree with every word. 

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23 hours ago, B725 said:

What patronising comments have been made towards Jacko  I admire his eagerness and enthusiasm .

Have you ever actually shot anything?

"Eagerness and enthusiasm"  Snap, That's it. Point well made

On 09/09/2020 at 14:59, Old farrier said:

Traditionally one puts a smiley 😊 when one is having a bit of a laugh 😂 

from experience people rarely enjoy their passion (whatever it is) being made fun of 👍

with respect you sir shot your self in the foot with your comments and posts 

Sorry, that you didn't get it. I'll try and make it clearer next time.

20 minutes ago, Balotelli said:

"Eagerness and enthusiasm"  Snap, That's it. Point well made

Sorry, that you didn't get it. I'll try and make it clearer next time.

You must eat some pretty strong mushrooms down your way and they are playing mind games in your head. How can eagerness and enthusiasm be patronising? Seeking help and knowledge is the fastest way to learn.

I don't know if it's deliberate or design but some of your comments are condisending. Do you shoot? Most of what you post is like puffing smoke out your butt.

My intention is not to offend people. I clearly haven't put some of my thinking across very clearly. The points that I was trying to make are as follows:

You must challenge anything in life including pigeon shooting otherwise we shall not progress. Remember the flat earth theory? Some still believe in that. The fact that rotaries / magnets used to be very effective. Not so much now. Have you asked yourselves why? I have my own ideas on this.

Relying on experience is fine as long as you build on that and are not dogmatic. "We always did it that way over the last 50 years" is not good enough. Challenge it. That's probably how rotaries came about, a bit of innovation - what was used prior to rotaries were old grey socks. I'll bet some of the old guard will no doubt have said "Well grey socks have always worked for me over the last 50 years" so need to change.  Well that's as maybe but the rotaries were a step change. How many on the Forum are still using stuffed grey socks and rejected rotaries? Not many I suspect which means that most have embraced change at least to some degree.

When I referred to "Experienced Rubbish" there was no intention to insult Forum members who undoubtedly have a great deal of experience and of course experience is something to build on. But some of the tripe that I have been told by "experienced shooters"  "in the field" beggar's belief.  

It's time that we thought a bit more about pigeon behaviour. Maybe I am lazy but I see fruitless forays on barren fields a time and money sink. If it were possible and I could reduce these journeys I would be a happy man. As Forum members we should be pushing the bounds of our understanding of pigeon behaviour and not just accepting what is in front of our eyes. 

How many acres of arable land do you shoot over and what are the crops? Pigeons really are not a complicated creature. Spend more of your time getting further arable land to shoot over and less concerning yourself with the behaviour of pigeons. If you spend time watching and shooting them you will learn all you need to. 

time that we thought a bit more about pigeon behaviour. Maybe I am lazy but I see fruitless forays on barren fields a time and money sink. If it were possible and I could reduce these journeys I would be a happy man. As Forum members we should be pushing the bounds of our understanding of pigeon behaviour and not just accepting what is in front of our eyes. 

• But if you want to shoot pigeon's or crows or whatever you have to go and have a look unless you are lucky enough to step out of the house and have hundreds of acres in front of you, a lot of people do a tremendous amount of miles in search of their pigeon shooting but never complain 
  •  

1 minute ago, WalkedUp said:

My house backs onto appx 4/500 acres of beans this year, last year it was wheat. I obviously watch it 365 and will be shooting it in a few weeks but over the summer as ever we have been driving all over to find the birds.

Bbq at yours in a few weeks then  and shoot to accompany  

2 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

My house backs onto appx 4/500 acres of beans this year, last year it was wheat. I obviously watch it 365 and will be shooting it in a few weeks but over the summer as ever we have been driving all over to find the birds.

Just my personal opinion but I don't find "driving all over" very interesting. I've got lots of things to be doing as I see driving about frustrating, boring and futile. I love pigeon control but dislike the wasted effort not to mention costs and if you wish to be moralistic, pollution. Much better to concentrate your efforts on fields with pigeons.  I'm starting to work on intelligence on the ground. I did suggest this previously but was poo pooed. It has worked for me on one of my shoots. Dog walkers are out most days and one phone call can save an awful lot of resources.

43 minutes ago, Balotelli said:

Just my personal opinion but I don't find "driving all over" very interesting. I've got lots of things to be doing as I see driving about frustrating, boring and futile. I love pigeon control but dislike the wasted effort not to mention costs and if you wish to be moralistic, pollution. Much better to concentrate your efforts on fields with pigeons.  I'm starting to work on intelligence on the ground. I did suggest this previously but was poo pooed. It has worked for me on one of my shoots. Dog walkers are out most days and one phone call can save an awful lot of resources.

During my posts I seem to irked some Forum members. I don't think that I have directed any insults at anyone and "spoken" in generalities. However, I have been on the receiving end of many unnecessary personal jibes. That's fine as  I think that it says more about them than me. Slightly at a tangent, I attended Hazel Leys Secondary Modern School in Corby having failed my 11+. So far, so bad. But I was lucky enough to get a job with one of the Utility Companies. I wouldn't say my academic grounding was anything to write home about, quite the opposite. So why is the standard of grammar on the posts so dreadful? It seems that hardly anyone can string a sentence together without it being littered with errors. I suspect that some will say does it matter? Yes it does, it implies sloppiness and takes away the credibility of a post. On that note, I wish you all good luck with your shooting.  Balotelli signing off.