Sporting agents South East

Evening all,

I have been looking at a particular sporting agent in the south east for a number of days, they offer pigeon as well as driven etc.. I know a lot of people don’t feel they should pay for pigeon shooting and should get perms but I don’t have one so it’s the best I can do. 

does anyone have any recommendations of agents to speak with based on Essex, Suffolk or Norfolk, I have found a few having not paid before I wanted to get peoples opinions 

thanks

Really feel for you but IMHO if you pay to shoot then you will get the bug more and end up paying a fortune -  are you sure that you have tried everything you can think of? I assume that you shoot clays so does nobody at the shoot have any leads? Do you have any skills that might be helpful for landowners - have you milled around all the local Farmers markets? Get out and about- often it's a case of being in the right place etc. Sometimes it is just Geography - we travelled to Cambridgeshire a few years back after being promised a field heavy with pigeons - when we arrived the farmer had ploughed and planted so nothing showing - as we stood there wondering what to do we were approached by an elderly lady who asked us if we were "shooters" - cut a long story short we ended the day with 3 perms.

I`d be very wary of anyone who proposes to furnish you with pigeons on a pre-arranged date at some point in the future! If however you can go at relatively short notice there may be some hope,but as you`ve no doubt read here ,pigeons can be a difficult bird to predict ! Best of luck in your search.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, PPP said:

Montgomery sporting or Anglia sporting both worth a go

I have never actually been on a day with Anglia Sporting but don’t rate their email communications. I enquired about a game day but declined it as it was too far to travel. They wrote a snotty response quoting how far people travel for their fantastic days. Considering I was flying back from Japan the day before I wasn’t interested in driving three hours! 

• 9 months later...
On 03/09/2020 at 23:26, AVB said:

I have never actually been on a day with Anglia Sporting but don’t rate their email communications. I enquired about a game day but declined it as it was too far to travel. They wrote a snotty response quoting how far people travel for their fantastic days. Considering I was flying back from Japan the day before I wasn’t interested in driving three hours! 

Used them twice and brought pals over from Germany both times almost no birds flying about but he still wanted the full crust no excuses. That finished me.