New set up

Hi All,

I am getting back into shot guns again after many years away from them.

I used to do a fair bit of roost shooting, and dabbled a little with decoys.

Am now in a position to get back into it, so looking for a full set up, decoys, flappers, magnet, hide etc etc.

the only thing I know much about is the ff5 flapper is supposed to do the job, any help or tips greatly received, in particular best gear to be looking for.

With the exception of nets, most Nitehawk products will break or fall apart on arrival or at most last until you need them. No quality control whatsoever. However they're cheap.

A1 decoys has fabulous customer service and products with good delivery. The products are normally first class in quality. This forum gets a discount but I've never had it as I can never find the code. 

AA decoys are not well known but have fabulous customer service, it's a one band. His products are more of the basic type like Nitehawk but actually made correctly or at least checked correctly. At a fraction of others costs he doesn't supply all singing all dancing but at £40 for a magnet including battery they do the job and still carry a guarantee. He also does collection  discounts, end of line products and oftens throws bits in for free (shop soiled or seconds as I don't mind repair jobs)

Between my son and myself we have products from all 3 companies above and they all work on the day if the fieldcraft is right.

There's a guy on ebay sells half shells, I think about £10 for 10 made from car bumper type material which come in grey primer and need a paint finish applied by you.

Like everything it's a miefield out there and one mans decent quality is anothers seconds. 

16 hours ago, Balotelli said:

FF6 x 2

I'll let the more learned members on here recommend the rest. I guess a lot depends on your budget but you don't have to spend a fortune. Finding the pigeons is key and if they are playing, the most rudimentary set-up will suffice. 

I been on the waiting list for months so good luck with buying 1 never mind 2

11 hours ago, Balotelli said:

I'm sorry to hear that. I know that Nick was waiting for some components as a result of Covid. I suggest that you give him a call. 

Did that weeks ago, same answer. . . . enter your email address so inform when in stock. 

I first added my email in Feb-ish, again in July-ish

6 hours ago, mgsontour said:

Did that weeks ago, same answer. . . . enter your email address so inform when in stock. 

Don't give up. Try again. Nick has probably been side-tracked with a load of orders from Europe. And ring him. Better to talk to him.

15 hours ago, samadams21 said:

As above, really depends on budget.  I always see loads full set ups on eBay and Facebook ... some better priced then others. 

also a1 code is PWMEMBER5  

I would buy second hand. Plenty of good gear that quickly gets sold on by part time shooters.

Oddly I came on the site to say that I was giving up pigeon shooting and that I was hoping to pass most of my gear on to someone starting out. I haven't been on here for ages but perhaps some of the longer standing members will remember me. I made and sold Nemisis floaters for a few years. There are a few of those available. I don't have any flappers but I have pretty much anything else. I'm not giving it away but i will be a bargain.

If anyone is interested PM me.

On 29/08/2020 at 07:36, mgsontour said:

I wouldn't bother. Just ring aa decoys grab one of there's for £45 will do the job. Flight line have run there course got too busy lost the plot. Have 6 now all have had new motors plastic drives they look good but short lived. Lot of money and very poor service if he ever answers the phone. ☹️

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/09/2020 at 14:40, Greenhunter said:

Oddly I came on the site to say that I was giving up pigeon shooting and that I was hoping to pass most of my gear on to someone starting out. I haven't been on here for ages but perhaps some of the longer standing members will remember me. I made and sold Nemisis floaters for a few years. There are a few of those available. I don't have any flappers but I have pretty much anything else. I'm not giving it away but i will be a bargain.

If anyone is interested PM me.

Hello, I seem to remember those floaters, and yourself 👍 will send PM