50th in this country

washerboy

17 hours ago, washerboy said:

Oh well, 50th isn't in Jamaica as they have added it to the country's you can't come straight home from without isolation. Always next year, will try for my wedding anniversary in February 

Skegvegas and a candy floss if you are looking for alternatives? 🤔🤔

I used to go to Skeggy every year as a child in the early 1950s. Saw Freddy and the Dreamers play live there. And Sid James perform in a play at the Pier Theatre. Stayed two weeks at the Seacroft Hotel. It was magic. Took my son there in the 2010s. The place was dump. Fish and chip shops every ten yards, the pier only a third of the length it was not even reaching out to sea and the sea itself full of wind farms. Leicester folk now call it Skag-ness. I can but only agree/

On 27/08/2020 at 17:55, washerboy said:

Oh well, 50th isn't in Jamaica as they have added it to the country's you can't come straight home from without isolation. Always next year, will try for my wedding anniversary in February 

Probably blessing in disguise I could not think of a better place to be February than Jamaica instead of up to your knees in rain water & freezing your balls off in the UK.

9 hours ago, blackbird said:

I remember my 50th we really pushed the boat out by opening a tin of spam.

The only birthday with a nought on the end that meant anything to me was my 60th , I retired on that day and said goodbye to work for ever , the best decision I ever made , well apart from marrying my good lady :hmm:

On 29/08/2020 at 10:31, blackbird said:

Probably blessing in disguise I could not think of a better place to be February than Jamaica instead of up to your knees in rain water & freezing your balls off in the UK.

Very true, we went away to the Dominican republic in February once, only problem was coming back to the wet and cold , leaving it behind was great.

5 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Very true, we went away to the Dominican republic in February once, only problem was coming back to the wet and cold , leaving it behind was great.

Two weeks guaranteed sun is better than 52 weeks guaranteed rain ️ seriously though after the game shooting season is over nothing better to look forward to than some winter sun ☀️ 

Edited by blackbird