Salmon fishing Scotland

roadkill

Looking for some recommendations on places to stop and fishing packages..

A few of us are looking at stopping up Scotland in a nice quite stone lodge for four days around spring time, ideally near the river tweed but open to suggestions.  We would like to do a couple of days Salmon fishing with a guide with all the gear supplied,  has anyone done anything like this and have any recommendations 

Cheers Jamie 

Have a look on Fishpal - Fish Tweed you should be able to pick up both fishing and accomodation.  The village of Norham has a wide range and caters for fishermen as for a beat I would suggest Tweedhill on the bottom of the river which fishes well in low water conditions .  The ghillie would be your guide but I dont know about hiring tackle, most of the river is fly fishing and before you spend money on actual fishing I would suggest that your party has a session with a casting instructor to learn the basics of the job.

Regards Blackpowder

Foreman’s butcher shop is Norham is also a fishing tackle shop. Quality but not cheap. The owner seems to have lots of information but I was only needing information about trout fishing in the area. I always book my cottage holidays in the Berwick-upon-Tweed/Scotland area through Crabtree and Crabtree. They may be able to put you in the right area

Roadkill, it was some years back but I had a day with a company called Tweedguide- it was my first day ever salmon fishing and the guide/ghillie Provided all the kit and some double handed casting tuition, I’ve just looked on their website and they still offer the full package so to speak.  As I said, my experience was a good while back but it was a very good day and if they still operate as they did then, I would thoroughly recommend them.  The guide got me my first ever salmon, followed by four others!

On 28/08/2020 at 09:25, Blackpowder said:

Have a look on Fishpal - Fish Tweed you should be able to pick up both fishing and accomodation.  The village of Norham has a wide range and caters for fishermen as for a beat I would suggest Tweedhill on the bottom of the river which fishes well in low water conditions .  The ghillie would be your guide but I dont know about hiring tackle, most of the river is fly fishing and before you spend money on actual fishing I would suggest that your party has a session with a casting instructor to learn the basics of the job.

Regards Blackpowder

wouldnt go to Gingers at Tweedhill, his is not a spring beat.