17 hornet reloading

Hi lads I normally load my 17 hornet with 20 grain heads using hogdens 4198 but I have some  Vihtavuori 133 has anybody on here used it to load 17 hornet.

As when this tub of hogden as gone don’t think I can get anymore so gun shop as told me.

Tony

Edited by snow white

29 minutes ago, snow white said:

Hi lads I normally load my 17 hornet with hogdens 4198 but I have some  Vihtavuori 133 has anybody on here used it to load 17 hornet.

As when this tub of hogden as gone don’t think I can get anymore so gun shop as told me.

Tony

A local RFD has plenty of H4198 in stock, but of course, he's nowhere near you. 

I’m pretty sure it isn’t being imported anymore for some safety reason. There are a few other specific powders available for reloading. Not sure about V 133, have you tried google?

If you can find a RFD that has it, maybe they would post it up to your local RFD?

9 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

A local RFD has plenty of H4198 in stock, but of course, he's nowhere near you. 

Its well worth the drive for a couple of tubs (and how long that will last him? ) compared to the time and effort that will be  wasted starting all over from scratch Caernarfon to R-C-T is not that far. One A road virtually all the way. I've driven further for things   

Edited by Vince Green

8 hours ago, Vince Green said:

Its well worth the drive for a couple of tubs (and how long that will last him? ) compared to the time and effort that will be  wasted starting all over from scratch Caernarfon to R-C-T is not that far. One A road virtually all the way. I've driven further for things   

I agree Vince. I also think it could be worth paying the £25 (I think) delivery charge.