Hydroxychloroquine Trump may well have been right!

bluesj

5 hours ago, A-Series said:

It's more to do with do the benefits outweigh the risks? like any drug.   I have been involved with clinical trials of various drugs for covid at the NHS trust I work for, and we are all trying very hard to find a solution, it's far from straight forward.

I'm surprised all the medical educated people on here did not "accuse" you already to be sponsored by Big Pharma!

Thanks for posting and for the hard work you're doing.

1 hour ago, Docleo said:

I'm surprised all the medical educated people on here did not "accuse" you already to be sponsored by Big Pharma!

Thanks for posting and for the hard work you're doing.

Thank you for your kind words, public support really keeps up our morale.  As to sponsored, we were not even allowed to take a tin of chocolates from a pharmaceutical wholesaler at Christmas for fear of accusations of bribery! 

49 minutes ago, Fisheruk said:

To die or not to die - Covid? I think that the risk might tip in favour 😳

I understand, but if you are healthy, with no underlying conditions or other risk factors then you are very likely to recover, so intervention with an unlicensed treatment becomes a risk

We are using many drugs that vary from the basic and well known such as the steroid dexamethasone, to the more modern monoclonal antibody treatments. Hydroxychloroquine may very well be useful, but we need to see repeatable, testable evidence. 

We will get there I'm sure, we have to, I need to get back shooting!