Lincolln Premier 20g

bluesj

Got a bit of an itch for a 20g just because, looked at a new Kofs but didn't want to spend 500 quid then not get on with it on the first outing  and it then be only worth 300 when trying to sell it. But I have just spotted a Lincoln Premier for sale second hand near me, So the 6 million dollar or in this case 420 pound question is. What are the lincolns like?

I`ve used Lincoln 20g and 28 gauge , Premier and No.2, for the last 7 years, for clay and game, at least once a month, in all weather..they`re great ! Fantastic , practical, reliable, well balanced. beautifully made in Italy, not Turkey. I`ve had Turkish guns, did the job, but only the wood is a good as Lincolns ! Hope this helps..worth every penny, and will hold their value way better than KOFS when you are ready to move up..enjoy !!!

Lincoln premier is £900 new - that's nearly 40% higher than the KOFS - Lincoln guns are made by Rizzini AFAIK - the gun that the OP is looking at has lost around 50% of it's new price - lets try picking up a KOFS for under £250 in a similar spec, I think you will find very little difference in depreciation.

Edited by bruno22rf

Lincoln's are very underated. They are great guns mecanically. Far better than the Turkish stuff. Proper steel and made well. Sadly they are a bit expensive new in my view nowadays to compete with with the budget guns and for what they are new one can buy a second hand Browning or Beretta.

I never get them in the workshop broken.... I lie... last one was a pair of broken strikers after years of abuse from a game keeper 15 years ago. And the fore end cocking tang broke in one a few years ago.

As already said, some balance well some don't as well but I'd go for it. Spares easy to get as too.

Thanks for the opinions guys. The gun I mentioned in my first post turned out to be a short stoke one, but i found and bought a nice premier gold in another shop. It was a little more money but with a bit of discount on the gun and the other bits i was picking up I ended up spending the same.

Just need to get out and give it a try. 

5 hours ago, bluesj said:

Thanks for the opinions guys. The gun I mentioned in my first post turned out to be a short stoke one, but i found and bought a nice premier gold in another shop. It was a little more money but with a bit of discount on the gun and the other bits i was picking up I ended up spending the same.

Just need to get out and give it a try. 

I don`t think that you`ll be disappointed. I`ve had a Lincoln Jubilee and currently have a Jubilee Prestige, both in 16g and have had no problems whatsoever with either guns after years of use.

OB

Got the chance to go out and try the gun yesterday, It got pinched for most of the day and used for training with some first time shooters, then my son had a go then someone else who was thinking about swapping to a twenty, and then I got a go and I have to say I really liked it. I only shot one slow and easy flush (set up for the beginners) with it but I was very happy with how it handled, looking forward to next time out.

Thanks again guy for you're input.