Yet another scam

Old Boggy

Just received an email from 'Driver and License Agency' not DVLA advising that my current details are out of date.

No doubt had I opened it, it would somewhere have asked for my bank details.

Deleted immediately.

OB

Was at a Cloud security conference a while back where this very topic was referenced.  Internet scams are being generated on an industrial scale in English speaking countries or those that have English as a 2nd language being especially prevalent - West African countries being specifically named.

So just like here in UK, kids are encouraged to go to University they finish the courses, graduate IT literate into a workplace that has little or no opportunity.   The criminals that need bodies have a ready supply of intelligent staff to drive keyboards and man call-centre to support cyber crime.   So email lonely hearts dating and those of a sensual orientation scams are attracting a lot of attention.  

I was working in IT at the dawn of the internet as a practical reality nearly 30 years ago - there were high hopes for digital-commerce, much of which has been realised now but I don't think any of us back in the early 90s could comprehend the criminal potential.