At last a new start

sam triple

Congratulations on the 1st offer, I've experienced that too, finding another job tends to end up with a '1st past the post' mindset.  Having got inertia in the job market other opportunities come along.  To hiring companies knowing you have an offer in the bag so to speak is vindication that you are a solid, employable candidate.

Well done on the new job, I've been furloughed since the start and it's looking likely I'll be on it until it finishes. If worst comes to worst I'll be taking your attitude to work, may get less money but I'm sure it's a damn sight better than unemployment benefit and being working does the mind the world of good.

13 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Sounds like a good decision.

Good luck

👍

9 hours ago, Rob85 said:

Well done on the new job, I've been furloughed since the start and it's looking likely I'll be on it until it finishes. If worst comes to worst I'll be taking your attitude to work, may get less money but I'm sure it's a damn sight better than unemployment benefit and being working does the mind the world of good.

Thanks, unfortunately employers aren’t dumb the hourly wage around here has dropped like a stone £10 ph seems like the average anything over is good , but my redundancy cleared my debts so I’m saving £450 a month there all relative I guess