steel up to 3 inch

rookstorm

Ducks and for the quick chance at a goose without time to change, Gamebore 36g 3’s.

I use 42g BBs/1’s for geese. Personally prefer the 1’s. Not entirely convinced that you need 42g but hard to change from something that works.

If a bit more feedback comes out I’d be tempted to switch to the Eley with the eco wads but that’s probably something for next season

• 3 weeks later...
Guest cookoff013
On 05/09/2020 at 18:34, nic said:

hearing a few good reports on TSS with lower powder loads and stopping ability further and better than lead..... its just 'how much?'

Loaded subject.

At 40 yards #9 Tungsten18, and #2 lead have the same energy.

On 02/09/2020 at 08:18, motty said:

For ducks I tend to use 2s, 3s or 4s. For geese I usually use BB or hw13 loads in size 2 or 4.

Great selection of shells. 

Im not too fond of steel 4s. 

On 01/09/2020 at 19:12, rookstorm said:

What steel shells are you guys using on the foreshore ,ive been looking at solway steel and gamebore ,also what size 1 or 3

Practically the 1st time out with my new Browning Maxus - Solway Steel 36G No.1, - a small skein of geese flighting over not extreme range but I had 3 and they were all stone dead.

Maybe good fortune paid a part but I wont be looking to buy a different brand as they worked well and I have every confidence in them.