Firsts on the First

6.5x55SE

Back end of last season i bought Conor ( grandson ) a mint  very cheap Aya 10ga Matador had the chokes took out to right barrel 5/8 left 3/4 now Conor has never shot a sbs or this gun. Having never loaded any 10ga cartridges before i loaded some 1-1/2oz Steel 3's for him to use on local Grey's and Ducks so hopefully he'd be happy shooting it when the Pink's turned up.

Due to work his first outing was tonight at a spot we had watched for the last two nights where a few hundred Grey's flighted over back to roost with a chance of getting under 40-50yrd high Grey's. Hearing them flighting to feed the excitement grew  Conor armed with the 10 me with my old Aya 3" mag 1/4- 1/2 chokes Gamebore super steel 32 grm 3's  and homeload 32grm 2's. As the sun was setting Conor's shout of Geeeeese straight at us made me turn to see a good skein 40-50 yrd up looking good for a shot seeing well and truly stuff his first Goose i killed my first and handsomely miss the second not Conor he killed a cracking R & L the sheer joy and excitement he showed was fantastic but he over stepped the mark by saying " what with you " oh the season had begun in style it did get revenge for his comment though as i showed him this old Fowler and equally old gun both have life left as i killed a R&L from the next two skiens i shot at so 5 Grey's to the old Timer 3 Grey's to the young Gun.