Driving on Margins

Balotelli

I have encountered soil compression caused by tractors and heavy grain trailers , this came to light when the farm decided to direct drill and all the compressed areas kept the grain on the surface much to my and the pigeons delight. 

Talking to one of my farmers about the dog walkers going around the fields , I confronted one  and ask her to keep to the legal paths as I will not shoot over these but if she walks around the field edges I may not see her the other side of the hedge. The farmer said I've met her and told her to keep her dog off the protected strip and she made the same statement to him and me " I Can Walk wherever I like"  

Yes we had various herberts all over the fields when we were out yesterday.

The brightest one was one of the horses that just stopped well short and refused to come any where near us.

Another clever pillock walked up with 4 children explaining what we were doing to them and then when 25 feet away from the hide said "oh are we putting them off?"

11 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Yes we had various herberts all over the fields when we were out yesterday.

The brightest one was one of the horses that just stopped well short and refused to come any where near us.

Another clever pillock walked up with 4 children explaining what we were doing to them and then when 25 feet away from the hide said "oh are we putting them off?"

Bad workmen always blame others or their tools :whistling:

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, clangerman said:

one of my perms has drilled a single field of rape slap bang under a flightline on top of a hill  as the only access is a slog across three large fields a hard lesson is coming this winter you need access on rape 

How awfully inconsiderate of the Farmer, almost like he is trying to make you struggle.:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, clangerman said:

one of my perms has drilled a single field of rape slap bang under a flightline on top of a hill  as the only access is a slog across three large fields a hard lesson is coming this winter you need access on rape 

I am sure that if the farmer needs help there will be some young fit shooters willing to-do the slog. :yes:

1 hour ago, old'un said:

I am sure that if the farmer needs help there will be some young fit shooters willing to-do the slog.

it’s my one shared perm even with birds on the stubble this year nobody would do the walk if there is one stalk of rape left come january i will be very surprised lol 

• 1 month later...
On 06/09/2020 at 16:10, pigeon controller said:

I have encountered soil compression caused by tractors and heavy grain trailers , this came to light when the farm decided to direct drill and all the compressed areas kept the grain on the surface much to my and the pigeons delight. 

Talking to one of my farmers about the dog walkers going around the fields , I confronted one  and ask her to keep to the legal paths as I will not shoot over these but if she walks around the field edges I may not see her the other side of the hedge. The farmer said I've met her and told her to keep her dog off the protected strip and she made the same statement to him and me " I Can Walk wherever I like"  

There’s a reason lots of keepers are now getting guard dogs, often those Belgian Malinois. 

My mate has one, I wouldn’t want to be trespassing on his land. 

People like that woman can’t be told. I would follow her to see where she lives and set up a campsite in her front garden. If she complains tell her “I can camp where ever I like!”