Which food

Fredwalton

1 hour ago, Fredwalton said:

Morning all

We are looking to change our dogs food as he keeps getting ear infections, and a couple of people who have had this in the past saindthey changed food and it all cleared up. 

He's a springador but I don't work him, but just wondered what dry food people feed their dogs? 

If he has the longer and hairy ears of a spaniel then it's more likely he is getting kack stuck in there, or if he likes to swim it's maybe the water doing it?

As far as food goes, I wouldn't go bounding off to switch food without getting him allergy tested first.

I've been very lucky in that I switched foods to a guy local to me who started his own small dog food company and his stuff is top notch and very fairly priced.

Thanks for peoples replies, 

To be honest we are wanting try anything we can as this has been going on for a nearly  a year now and the vets can't seem to get control of it and it's costing us fortune. 

As I said someome told us about them changing food and it sorted it out hence me asking. 

Thanks again 

1 minute ago, shootthepigeon said:

Just moved mine to CSJ, more than happy with the results so far👍, if you give them a call they will advise on best product as they do a few, hope it helps.

All three of mine are on csj, always complemented on their condition and coat. 
Very reasonably priced too 👍🏻

On 02/09/2020 at 07:41, Fredwalton said:

Morning all

We are looking to change our dogs food as he keeps getting ear infections, and a couple of people who have had this in the past saindthey changed food and it all cleared up. 

He's a springador but I don't work him, but just wondered what dry food people feed their dogs? 

Have you tried canker powder or a powder called stinky stuff powder? You put it in the dogs ears, little sprinkling now and then.