He of "Gordon Bennett" fame - TIGHTCHOKE

discobob

I have to call out @TIGHTCHOKE for being an absolute star. He has gone out of his way to help me with my issue I posted previously on with our Double Glazing - what a gent and if he was closer I would buy him some 🍻 but as he isn't I will put an extra donation into the poppy appeal this year in his name

Many thanks Sir - you are a true gent 

You only have to go back over previous posts to realise that Tightchoke is one of the first to help out anyone if he possibly can. His recent involvement in the Lord Geordie appeal is a typical example.

He is also first to add his 'Gordon Bennett' or similar cryptic comment and banter where necessary.

There are of course many other good folk on here of similar dispositions.

OB

1 hour ago, Centrepin said:

Aye, he helped me too.

Even though he's RAF he's a good chap😂

Ahhhh - I didn't realise it - E8407476 for me @TIGHTCHOKE 👍 - 9 years service as an LTECH-TC,  that was after 4 years Signals (24719055) service. I nearly went into the Navy after the Army but even though I passed everything to be an artificer they could not get me in before I turned 21 (last day of Army service was the day before my 21st birthday and I had to be signed up by then for the Navy)

So you could say I bat for multiple sides :D

3 minutes ago, Centrepin said:

And impart useless advice before departing to the mess for cocktails 

Oh yes, we used to get some "cracking chaps" straight out of university, never seen anything of life and thought they would just make "suggestions"

Yes Sir, thank you very much, the mess is over there!

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

No, in the RN.

An officer anywhere is only there to watch others work.

everytime i see or hear of the R.N..............i have this awful video of the Village People performing "in the navy.."🎶......the 7 seas and all that........looking for the golden rivet