Defender alternative

craig1982

4 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

How hard is it to get a Jeep Wrangler?  I really like that Jimmy thing you guys can get over there.  

They are about, I can't recall seeing anything other than the petrol engined one though.

That aside, I've wanted one ever since I watched the first Jurassic park, in red and silver of course.

On 03/09/2020 at 03:08, Farmboy91 said:

They are about, I can't recall seeing anything other than the petrol engined one though.

That aside, I've wanted one ever since I watched the first Jurassic park, in red and silver of course.

The gas ones are rock solid if you stay away from the auto transmission. But if was in the UK I’d have that jimny thing. 

17 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

The gas ones are rock solid if you stay away from the auto transmission. But if was in the UK I’d have that jimny thing. 

I'm not sure id get away with buying one, the Jurassic park livery would go down well with my lad, not sure about the girlfriend 😂

Last I saw there was a ridiculous waiting list for the jimny.

9 hours ago, oowee said:

Ever tried getting in one? 

No,  the closest thing we ever had in the states was the samurai.  0.jpg

9 hours ago, Farmboy91 said:

I'm not sure id get away with buying one, the Jurassic park livery would go down well with my lad, not sure about the girlfriend 😂

Last I saw there was a ridiculous waiting list for the jimny.

They are literally everywhere over here.  Every 16 girl gets one it seems like.  

I once hired a Jimny in Portugal, smashing little vehicle on and off road. Unfortunately every time I needed to change gear my wife had to lean to one side and we literally sat side by side. Very frugal on fuel too. No room for passengers but as a 1 person shooting wagon, 2 at a push i reckon its as good nearly as my Range Rover. 

12 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

I saw a few episodes,  seemed fake and the guns were way over priced. 

That was half the fun of watching, I think he was had up for selling guns without a license or he was doing it off a mates license. 

Lock and load with R Lee Ermy was ok, l like watching the historically accurate programs, Tales of the Gun was another good one but I haven't seen it repeated in ages. The one on John Browning was fascinating. 

20 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

That was half the fun of watching, I think he was had up for selling guns without a license or he was doing it off a mates license. 

Lock and load with R Lee Ermy was ok, l like watching the historically accurate programs, Tales of the Gun was another good one but I haven't seen it repeated in ages. The one on John Browning was fascinating. 

Yeah,  thieves cut a hole in his stores roof and stole some guns.  That startled a investigation that led him to Tax evasion charges so they suspended his license.  So the set up was if you wanted something from his store he would walk across the street to a pawn shop that had a Firearms dealer license and they would then transfer it.  Which is actually completely legal.   But the point is he ****** the wrong people off. 

34 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Yeah,  thieves cut a hole in his stores roof and stole some guns.  That startled a investigation that led him to Tax evasion charges so they suspended his license.  So the set up was if you wanted something from his store he would walk across the street to a pawn shop that had a Firearms dealer license and they would then transfer it.  Which is actually completely legal.   But the point is he ****** the wrong people off. 

Ahh ok 👍 

On 02/09/2020 at 21:47, craig1982 said:

I have had Defenders for years my 2014 reg is starting to show it's age. What is the best alternative. I do not want a pick up. Really struggling to thing of a future vehicle with the presence of a defender.

Why not get a the new Defender its a bargain at a starting price of £50,000 I am pretty sure they will take your old 2014 plate banger as PX 😂

Edited by blackbird

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/09/2020 at 18:57, Capacitor 11 said:

The MWM Spartan is a valid replacement for the defender. They are available new in the UK from GPB16,900 plus VAT. 

I see on the site it says from 40,000 Euros  but that is for an electric converted vehicle. The Russian UAZ original is a 2.8ish litre petrol slurper. Is that the £16K version?