New Waitrose Chinese Sauce.

bruno22rf

On 03/09/2020 at 08:39, TIGHTCHOKE said:

It isn't new, not solely from Waitrose and is Indonesian originally.

But yes it is good.

Can I suggest you look for Linghams Ginger Garlic Chilli Sauce made from a Malaysian recipe. It really is rather special.

Only going by what it says on the label - NEW in big green letters? Things are getting desperate now - found myself sipping it from the bottle the other day. Will look around for your sauce TIGHTCHOKE.

2 hours ago, fatchap said:

On the subject of chilli sauces have you tried "The God Slayer" chilli sauce? Totally unnecessary in your face extreme heat and pain. 2 drops in a pot of spag boll rendered it inedible. 

Can't post a pic as it has an obscenity on the label, and I got into trouble last time.

Yes, but I will not buy that sort of over the top sauce.

I like to taste the food as well as feel the heat. 

At lunchtime today I was presented with a lovely chicken curry and the jar of lime pickle, 3 spoon fulls was maybe a little too much, but hell I was at work!

Yeah but its a damn good laugh catching your work mates out with it. One in particular had an especially dramatic reaction to a tiny amount on his finger, He went red, tears in his eyes, coughing barged past everyone to the canteen and did a whole 4 pint bottle of milk, which didn't help. Oh how we laughed.

He is still not talking to me, no big deal don't like the bloke anyway.😂

Edited by fatchap

On 08/09/2020 at 18:48, fatchap said:

Yeah but its a damn good laugh catching your work mates out with it. One in particular had an especially dramatic reaction to a tiny amount on his finger, He went red, tears in his eyes, coughing barged past everyone to the canteen and did a whole 4 pint bottle of milk, which didn't help. Oh how we laughed.

He is still not talking to me, no big deal don't like the bloke anyway.😂

Years ago I worked behind the bar of a pub in Kent.

On a Saturday lunchtime, nibbles were put on the bar for the customers.

A couple of regulars used to use the same bowls on a Saturday evening to put nibbles in front of their group at the bar. Another regular would always come in, order a pint and dig in to their nibbles without thinking.

After 4 weeks of this we filled the bowl with really hot chilli peanuts. he filled his hand, transferred them to his mouth, exclaimed and then rubbed his eyes!

He NEVER pinched other peoples snacks again!:w00t: