Tony Abbot

oowee

The same Tony Abbott who says that elderly coved-19 patients should be allowed to die to reduce the economic costs of lockdown.

This, of course, raises the question as to at what point do we become "elderly"? Bearing in mind the Abbott is 62 yrs of age!

5 hours ago, Bobba said:

The same Tony Abbott who says that elderly coved-19 patients should be allowed to die to reduce the economic costs of lockdown.

This, of course, raises the question as to at what point do we become "elderly"? Bearing in mind the Abbott is 62 yrs of age!

8 hours ago, DoolinDalton said:

In 'situations' where it 'affects' the elderly (not me yet, btw...but nearly there!) I always think of the tv series Logan's Run (circa?).  Anyone on here familiar with it?  At what age will the PTB start culling us? 

30, wasn’t it? 

Oh well, best I get ‘running’ 

Ian McKellan and the other luvvies think he's unsuitable because of his opinions on other unrelated matters. I happen to care most about what he can add to any negotiation. I'd guess most people in the UK would want this too.

Blair has got all of the apparently necessary values but then I remember how he folded like an overcooked noodle and gave much our rebate back to the EU for what? Nice one! Trump would be great but he holds all of the wrong opinions so somehow that would make him bad at the task of negotiating a good deal for the UK.

So is it good negotiator with unacceptable opinions, or poor negotiator with acceptable opinions?

13 minutes ago, yod dropper said:

So is it good negotiator with unacceptable opinions, or poor negotiator with acceptable opinions?

This is a good point.
His 'unacceptable opinions' mainly regarding same sex marriage, mostly stem from his Catholic upbringing and faith ( he trained to be a Jesuit priest) 
It always seems funny to me how we are told to respect others beliefs , but it would appear to be dependent on which ones ?

That aside, would he make a good negotiator ? Yes.
Do we NEED more negotiators ? 
Its all a bit pointless really, as the EU team have been told not to give us a 'deal' unless we agree to stay under their control.
A decision that , if agreed upon, would bring down this government.

Is there even time to sort a deal if they capitulate ?No .
Prepare for no deal, its the best option out there now anyway.

On 03/09/2020 at 12:58, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, any relation to you know who Abbot 🤔

I've heard that his ancestors were slave owners in Barbados, passed their name on to Dianne's forebears, then were subsequently convicted of sheep stealing and transported to Australia.

All perfectly believable 

2 hours ago, Rewulf said:

That aside, would he make a good negotiator ? Yes. Why?
Its all a bit pointless really, as the EU team have been told not to give us a 'deal' unless we agree to stay under their control. Really? :lol:
A decision that , if agreed upon, would bring down this government. What decision ???

Is there even time to sort a deal if they capitulate ?No .But that was the vote of the people we knew that from the start?? 
Prepare for no deal, its the best option out there now anyway. <<<<< This in the short term. Meet the cost and disruption head on then back on track later. 

2 hours ago, yod dropper said:

Ian McKellan and the other luvvies think he's unsuitable because of his opinions on other unrelated matters. I happen to care most about what he can add to any negotiation. I'd guess most people in the UK would want this too. :good:So why choose a numpty?

Blair has got all of the apparently necessary values but then I remember how he folded like an overcooked noodle and gave much our rebate back to the EU for what? Nice one! What has any of this to do with the current EU trade negotiation?

Trump would be great but he holds all of the wrong opinions so somehow that would make him bad at the task of negotiating a good deal for the UK. Trump :lol:

So is it good negotiator with unacceptable opinions, or poor negotiator with acceptable opinions? Why should we pay anyone with unacceptable opinions to do anything?

22 minutes ago, oowee said:

That aside, would he make a good negotiator ? Yes. Why?     ==   World wide respect , more so in the Australasian sphere, he wouldnt be considered if he didnt bring something to the party.
Its all a bit pointless really, as the EU team have been told not to give us a 'deal' unless we agree to stay under their control. Really?  == Theyve pretty much said so this week, 'You will remain under the ECJ, and be beholden to EU fair trade rules'
A decision that , if agreed upon, would bring down this government. What decision ???  == A decision to give in and accept EU deal terms.

Is there even time to sort a deal if they capitulate ?No .But that was the vote of the people we knew that from the start?? === We know, and Im OK with it, but its the EU who have run the clock out.
Prepare for no deal, its the best option out there now anyway. <<<<< This in the short term. Meet the cost and disruption head on then back on track later. ==== Maybe, no choice in the matter now, lets see how popular it is within European countries ?

Let me ask you a question .
What was the £80 billion 'bribe' for ?
A deal ? 
Would that be a free trade deal, or the same deal thats on the table now ?
Which isnt exactly free, when you consider what Brussels is asking for..now...or was it always going to be like this, we leave..but still have to do as they say ?