kingsy18

Just pushed the button on one so will let you know when it turns up from the states :). On barrel length a lot of advice I got was to go 22" or preferably 24" as apparently 20" you tend to have wasted powder not having full enough burn length.

One thing I have found though is there is much less of a selection second hand compared to the ubiquitous .308. In the end I went new as I couldnt really find anything in the budget I was looking to float my boat. Where as .308 in the same budget was swamped with good second hand stuff.

I put in for one but changed to 308 after advise from many on here and some top rifle shooting blokes. 

Picked up a short action 308 Remington Model Seven with short barrel, light weight, beautiful rifle and drops anything within normal shooting ranges in the U.K. 

In the States where they have wide open plains and antelope etc I could see the benefit of the .270 but for the U.K. stalking ranges just aren’t that far. I reckon most deer as shot well within 200 yards.