From today's Daily Telegraph

BBC chief Tim Davie vows to crack down on corporation's Twitter warriors

If you want to be a campaigner, you should not be working here, says director-general

Unquote

About bleedin' time?

Hope a few more twitter ####ers get shoved too.

Link to BBC story here

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-54021407     (Scroll down to Telegraph).

Edited by Eyefor

Just now, Eyefor said:

Worth reading

https://www.televisual.com/news/bbc-dg-tim-davies-introductory-speech-to-staff-in-full/

He has set himself some very high bars. Let us hope he can pull it off  but I definitely wish him well. Many of the issues raised are long overdue.

He or someone else needs to reign the ******* in!:w00t:

2 hours ago, Eyefor said:

From today's Daily Telegraph

BBC chief Tim Davie vows to crack down on corporation's Twitter warriors

If you want to be a campaigner, you should not be working here, says director-general

Unquote

About bleedin' time?

Hope a few more twitter ####ers get shoved too.

Link to BBC story here

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-54021407     (Scroll down to Telegraph).

Has promise however "don't hold your breath" would be my advice.

48 minutes ago, Eyefor said:

Worth reading

https://www.televisual.com/news/bbc-dg-tim-davies-introductory-speech-to-staff-in-full/

He has set himself some very high bars. Let us hope he can pull it off  but I definitely wish him well. Many of the issues raised are long overdue.

Have to work so will read it in full later, however did pick up on this quote:

For the avoidance of doubt, I do not want a subscription BBC that serves the few.  We could make a decent business out of it, and I suspect it could do quite well in certain postcodes, but it would make us just another media company serving a specific group.

Too late, old chap.  Broadcast television is an irrelevance for most people under 30, and at the other end of the spectrum, my parents in their 80s rarely bother with it.  "Jump before you're pushed", springs to mind

4 hours ago, stuartyboy said:

Said this many times before here. If you don’t like the BBC, don’t pay the licence fee. It is very simple and legal to do so. I stopped paying this tax a while back and have no regrets and urge everyone to do so too.

Just to clarify the actual Law regarding the tv licence.  A licence is only need if you watch ANY (channel) LIVE tv programmes (not just BBC channels) and BBC I player. 'Live' meaning a programme that is actually being transmitted as you are watching it.  If you only watch catch up tv (apart from BBC iplayer) or watch dvd's, then you do not need a licence!  I stopped paying it in 2012 as I and my family didn't and don't watch ANY of the drivel!  I sincerely hope that the BBC ceases to exist, as they are happy allow a company, Capita Business Services, aka TV Licencing, to practically extort money from people ,by threats, lies and intimidation!  They have lied to the British people for decades with their Detector Van con.  All done to collect money to pay for the likes of Jimmy Saville ,etc. If that isn't a good reason to stop paying the licence fee, I don't know what is! 

1 hour ago, DoolinDalton said:

Just to clarify the actual Law regarding the tv licence.  A licence is only need if you watch ANY (channel) LIVE tv programmes (not just BBC channels) and BBC I player. 'Live' meaning a programme that is actually being transmitted as you are watching it.  If you only watch catch up tv (apart from BBC iplayer) or watch dvd's, then you do not need a licence!  I stopped paying it in 2012 as I and my family didn't and don't watch ANY of the drivel!  I sincerely hope that the BBC ceases to exist, as they are happy allow a company, Capita Business Services, aka TV Licencing, to practically extort money from people ,by threats, lies and intimidation!  They have lied to the British people for decades with their Detector Van con.  All done to collect money to pay for the likes of Jimmy Saville ,etc. If that isn't a good reason to stop paying the licence fee, I don't know what is! 

👍🏻