Browning Medalist 12 gauge

Gun Watch

Browning Medalist

£500

12 gauge Shotgun Private Seller
Used - Very Good Condition Thorne, South Yorkshire
Over and Under, Multi Choke, Multi Choke, 28" barrels
Whatsapp_image_2020-09-04_at_12 Whatsapp_image_2020-09-04_at_12 Whatsapp_image_2020-09-04_at_12

Description

Briliant condition with lot of chokes gun bag ammo
belt ect..

The seller of this gun doesn't appear to be a Pigeon Watch member, to contact them please use the details on Gun Watch.

View the full article

Yes, but it was sold as a browning so it's not against the trade description act. I shot one around parklodge. Nice gun but was too big for my stumpy arms 

synonymous 
with quality.

It is, however, important to recognise 
from the start that the Browning Medallist was never actually made by Browning — 
it was simply distributed by the company. Early production of the Medallist was instead done by the Italian shotgun manufacturer Zoli to Browning specifications, but for reasons of cost and over-complication of design soon switched to FIAS — better known as Sabatti — another Italian company.

12 minutes ago, washerboy said:

Yes, but it was sold as a browning so it's not against the trade description act. I shot one around parklodge. Nice gun but was too big for my stumpy arms 

synonymous 
with quality.

from the start that the Browning Medallist was never actually made by Browning — 
it was simply distributed by the company. Early production of the Medallist was instead done by the Italian shotgun manufacturer Zoli to Browning specifications, but for reasons of cost and over-complication of design soon switched to FIAS — better known as Sabatti — another Italian company.

And a lot of brownings are not made by browning

3 hours ago, washerboy said:

synonymous 
with quality.

Quite, but as you say, it’s not a ‘Browning Medalist’, it’s a FIAS Medalist, but is advertised as a ‘Browning’, and is therefore misleading. I simply don’t want anyone thinking that buying this shotgun means they are buying a Browning, they’re not. 

Edited by Scully

15 minutes ago, washerboy said:

No but the lad selling it was sold a browning medalist as was everyone who payed for a new one from the manufacturer. 

No he wasn’t; he was sold a FIAS Medalist. He may have believed he was buying a Browning Medalist, but he wasn’t; Browning never had anything to do with the making of the Medalist, unlike the importers of Browning shotguns at the time. 

Imported by BMW Arms aka browning UK. Don't know how much involvement Fabrique National (owners of browning and joint owners of miroku as well as others) had with the Medalist or knew about the gun at the time. As I understand it, Medalist's were brought in by the UK Browning agent and shipped out to retailer's; dealers put 2&2 together and got a "Browning Medalist" with no mention of the company anywhere on the gun or packaging (so I believe). 

Hello, in my 20s I bought the first medalist out of the batch that were imported to Browning at the Milton park site,  this was before they moved to their new H Q, I knew one of the sales team so I could go to see the gun before it was shipped to the RFD, it was to sell as a cheaper than Browning O/U for those that could not afford the latter, would be interested if any PW member has some 1980s info on price and specification

11 hours ago, BrowningB7 said:

Imported by BMW Arms aka browning UK. Don't know how much involvement Fabrique National (owners of browning and joint owners of miroku as well as others) had with the Medalist or knew about the gun at the time. As I understand it, Medalist's were brought in by the UK Browning agent and shipped out to retailer's; dealers put 2&2 together and got a "Browning Medalist" with no mention of the company anywhere on the gun or packaging (so I believe). 

This....

7 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, in my 20s I bought the first medalist out of the batch that were imported to Browning at the Milton park site,  this was before they moved to their new H Q, I knew one of the sales team so I could go to see the gun before it was shipped to the RFD, it was to sell as a cheaper than Browning O/U for those that could not afford the latter, would be interested if any PW member has some 1980s info on price and specification

....and this. 
It was introduced as an entry level gun by Brownings UK importers, as a cheaper alternative to the Browning. Nothing wrong with the Medalist as far as I’m aware, but I would hate anyone to buy one believing they’re buying a Browning.