Top lever

mark a

Hi all

I need the advice of the massive,I went and look at a shotgun today and the top lever was in the middle rather than to the right.

What I would like to know is how much life is left in the gun before repairs are needed the gun was made in 85 so I am not expecting a perfect gun just don’t want to buy a gun and then have to spend a load having it repaired.

many thanks 

Mark

The truth is the same as a suit of clothes. There's off the peg or bespoke. The latter will fit perfectly from the off and if it was a shotgun the lever would be in the middle. The former will fit where it touches and as it wears some of the slack will end up where it was tight when new and if it was a shotgun the lever would move from the right where it was deliberately put to cater for the wear and hopefully move to the middle-ish where it would stay once use has done what the maker did not - hopefully.

I have three 101’s, all levers are in the middle and were when I bought them. One is creeping ever so slightly left so may have it tightened up at some point. 
A mate had his Grand European dome a couple of years ago; it’s not a big job but can’t recall how much it cost.

He’s a farmer so it can’t have been expensive! 😀

22 hours ago, mark a said:

Hi all

I need the advice of the massive,I went and look at a shotgun today and the top lever was in the middle rather than to the right.

What I would like to know is how much life is left in the gun before repairs are needed the gun was made in 85 so I am not expecting a perfect gun just don’t want to buy a gun and then have to spend a load having it repaired.

many thanks 

Mark

You dont buy a 35 year old Rizzini unless its under £ 100 and accept that it will probably give you some problems with the single trigger and  ejectors and will be a throw away job at the end

Guns of this age and manufacture dependent on there past use and maintenance , dependent on what sort of use you intend ,may give you several years of good service.

It may be a heap of junk best used for propping a door open  .

The only way that you can be assured is to have the gun independently inspected by a competent gunsmith , who will quite rightly charge you for his time. Or get a written 12 month  guarantee from the seller covering you against parts [no longer available] and labour .

Edited by Gunman