Idiots about my area

Rob85

Just come across this in a wee article in one of the local Facebook pages for local news close to me. There is also a couple of signs about 6 miles from here that's been hit by some pretty heavy shotgun pellets. I've seen them but no pics as of yet.

Idiocy like this is going to lead to people legitimately shooting in fields having the flying squad calling out to investigate them.

FB_IMG_1599237422158.jpg

5 minutes ago, southeastpete said:

I don’t think that’s a shotgun, gotta be a .308 going through both sides like that!

I once shot a tower computer, lots of times, close range. (To destroy the hard drive) I used everything from birdshot to 00 buckshot just to see. Nothing made it through and out the other side.

would it not have been easier taking the hard drive out of the tower first?

13 minutes ago, Zapp said:

Back when I was in NI once you got far enough into Armagh they all looked like that.  I've got one of the "sniper at work" signs in the loft after it blew down in a storm.  Normally we wouldnt go near them in case they were rigged to blow.

Bandit country wouldn't be so bad now, it's more the smugglers you have to deal with down there, up north in stroke city, mid Ulster and some other smallwr enclaves are where all that carrying on is at. But under the guise of political movements its mostly all drug racketeering and controlling local areas and everyone knows it. 

P.S if you were security forces, thanks for the work you done over here 👍

23 hours ago, southeastpete said:

I don’t think that’s a shotgun, gotta be a .308 going through both sides like that!

I once shot a tower computer, lots of times, close range. (To destroy the hard drive) I used everything from birdshot to 00 buckshot just to see. Nothing made it through and out the other side.

I have some 6mm aluminium sheet, tried shooting it with my centre fires .

all went straight through at 100m from .17fireball to .308 suppressing its very hard to tell the caliber as all the holes are very similar size

Guest cookoff013

My sisters house was shot repeatedly with "bullets". After the police and that finished. She handed me the bullets that the police didnt want. Local scallywags were trying to shoot out her large glass wall /patio. Ir was huge.

A whole entire bag of .45 fired from a .45acp. Local scallywag got caught with gun 3 mates after the 5th ARU call out. Suprising, no conviction. 

****** were firing silly distances 300 + meters.

1 hour ago, Vince Green said:

It was a cultural challenge in USA when I lived there to see how many bullet holes you could get into a street sign

Every street sign had some, often many

I think it’s called the IQ challenge. If you take part you don’t have enough IQ to really be holding weapons. A club, never mind a gun!

8 hours ago, southeastpete said:

I think it’s called the IQ challenge. If you take part you don’t have enough IQ to really be holding weapons. A club, never mind a gun!

It was said to me, I don't know if its true or not, but it sounds plausable. In America they have big roadside advertising hoardings, mainly on the bigger roads, The police used to hide behind them, especially in rural areas, to catch speeding motorists, the original speed traps..

Filling signs with bullet holes made the police wary of hiding behind them

Edited by Vince Green