OPINIONS PLEASE

DUNKS

I'd be looking at the new Yildiz for a little more money like what Johnny of the gun shop has or good used Miroku Browning or Beretta. 

Mate of mine bought the Yildiz pro sporter, very impressed with it.

Dunks it's your choice but I would not be even taking a chance on one, poor name these days and I've not seen anyone nursing one for a few years, says it all to me. 

20 minutes ago, DUNKS said:

But did you read any of the other posts? Referring to the quality of the guns. I agree about the name.

Yes, I read them all. And my friend Richard bought one for his son. It looks what it is.  Cheap. No issues with it in four years, but it does not fire over half a box a year.

3 minutes ago, Wylye said:

You can buy a lot of top quality, used, Berettas, Brownings and Mirokus for that kind of money. They won't fall out of bed with depreciation either when you want rid.

Not really. You can buy perfectly good secondhand examples of the entry level guns from Beretta/Browning for that money, but not top quality from those manufacturers, which are very different quality-wise and cost many, many thousands of pounds.

You are being pedantic. Are you suggesting that you have to spend £15k - £20k to get a good quality mainstream gun? A B25 A1 has the same mechanism as a D5. Beretta sidelocks are treated with suspicion by the gun trade and lose a massive amount of depreciation from new. A 686-derived EELL is still a 686 even if it does cost six grand new. Are you suggesting that the used Berettas, Brownings and Mirokus are not top quality when they are used? They are a very safe buy for around £1K and will go on to give excellent service for years. I had an old, early 686 for coaching beginners. It was an old gun when I bought it and I kept it for over ten years. Its still going strong and my best estimate is that its had over a million cartridges through it. I can't really see the other stuff doing that can you?

I have posted a couple of threads recently and updated one this morning. Mine is a rough gun, as previously stated it’s mechanically sound and has fired about 1.5k carts so far. The woodwork looks lovely but has had issues when it got wet, for the first time. The attitude from the RFD was nonchalant at best, sort of “ what do you expect for less than 1k “ I expect it to not look absolutely battered the first time it gets wet was my response. 

Im sure there are better options available for the £500-£699 mark but i simply couldn’t find one. Every gun i looked at had “only fired a few boxes” or was “immaculate” but turned out to be beaten up or really baggy and loose.

Now i have sorted the woodwork its a very good gun, but i shouldn’t of had to sort the woodwork in the first place. I wouldn’t pay list RRP, a good discount is needed (i got a good discount on mine). The 912B is a very close duplicate of an MK70 and shoots the same, flat.

Your very welcome to have a go with mine if you happen to be in the midlands at any point👍

I've now had 3 80's Beretta's, an A303, an s686L m/c and a fixed choke 687, both O/U's were around the £800 mark and all worked faultlessly. I sold the 686 last about £50 less than I paid for it and still have the 687. I do think you need to be looking at that sort of money for a tidy second hand Beretta O/U but it is money well spent.

Having had new Turkish and old Beretta for me the choice is easy.

2 hours ago, Farmboy91 said:

Having had new Turkish and old Beretta for me the choice is easy.

It is, if you can actually find a decent 2nd hand browning/Miroku/beretta that hasn’t had an absolute hammering. I lost count of the miles driven, visits to RFD,s and time spent on Guntrader wading through the dross, after almost 10 months of searching I gave up and bought a new Turkish delight.

Ideally I would have found a nice MK70 that had been looked after for the sub 1k mark, it’s just not that easy. Every example I looked at was a dog. The best was described as “mint” and “hardly used” by an RFD, It turned out that the stock had been drilled, plugged and the fore end was like a blind cobblers thumb.....it was £1200. Browning/Miroku/Beretta are excellent guns that cost money, because they are worth it,  if, and it is an if, you can get a good 2nd hand one for the right money it’s a no brainier, you are absolutely correct.

2 hours ago, Taileron said:

It is, if you can actually find a decent 2nd hand browning/Miroku/beretta that hasn’t had an absolute hammering. I lost count of the miles driven, visits to RFD,s and time spent on Guntrader wading through the dross, after almost 10 months of searching I gave up and bought a new Turkish delight.

Ideally I would have found a nice MK70 that had been looked after for the sub 1k mark, it’s just not that easy. Every example I looked at was a dog. The best was described as “mint” and “hardly used” by an RFD, It turned out that the stock had been drilled, plugged and the fore end was like a blind cobblers thumb.....it was £1200. Browning/Miroku/Beretta are excellent guns that cost money, because they are worth it,  if, and it is an if, you can get a good 2nd hand one for the right money it’s a no brainier, you are absolutely correct.

£1200 takes you into the newer Beretta's which to be honest don't hold up to the older 680 series in my opinion. 

I know what your saying, but then that is down to the RFD's too and there are alot I've come across where guns are over priced, and of poor quality, and it's not one or two it's most of their stock. 

It will be interesting to see how many of these Turkish guns are still around in 10/20/ 30+ years time. 

I have shot a Yilditz O/U ejector 410 , the standard model, for the last four seasons, averaging 24 days a year and add to that a few days on the pigeons. The gun has been a joy to shoot, cost me £690, with a full set of chokes.  I cannot fault the gun BUT a friend purchased the same model gun the year after me and had all sortes of trouble with it, including having it fail to fire then go off a few seconds later. They sent him a replacement and that one did the same.  If I was looking for a clay gun 12 gauge then I would go and search for a decent Mirok' from the mid to late '70s.    But of course we are almost all creatures of fashion .......  aren't we?

Edited by Walker570

Thanks for all the varied answers. Think I read them all.   Cant seem to see one person who actually has a Webley and Scott 900 to judge it's quality

Perhaps I asked the wrong question. Thanks anyway. It was just that someone did show me this gun  and for the price I thought is was excellent quality and a high spec. I would have appreciated a response from an actual owner.

9 hours ago, DUNKS said:

Perhaps I asked the wrong question. Thanks anyway. It was just that someone did show me this gun  and for the price I thought is was excellent quality and a high spec. I would have appreciated a response from an actual owner.

No, you asked the correct question and I answered it. I own a 912B.

13 hours ago, Farmboy91 said:

It will be interesting to see how many of these Turkish guns are still around in 10/20/ 30+ years time. 

Valid point, I’m hopeful that mine will be still going in 10 years time, but only time will tell. If it lasts 5 years then has to have work done which makes it financially not viable it will be scrapped and I will look upon it as a £10 per month loss. I spent £35 on a Chinese takeaway last night, so it’s a loss I’m prepared to gamble on.

Just my luck that it will have firing issues tonight, I will be back to using my MK70 and worrying the entire time about damaging it.

Edited by Taileron

34 minutes ago, Taileron said:

Valid point, I’m hopeful that mine will be still going in 10 years time, but only time will tell. If it lasts 5 years then has to have work done which makes it financially not viable it will be scrapped and I will look upon it as a £10 per month loss. I spent £35 on a Chinese takeaway last night, so it’s a loss I’m prepared to gamble on.

Just my luck that it will have firing issues tonight, I will be back to using my MK70 and worrying the entire time about damaging it.

Maybe in 5-10 years time you'll be able to buy one with a premium manufacturers life span?  

I really do think ATA done well from the whole ' it's basically a Beretta' thing, I know I was given all that twoddle And obviously alot of people get on well with these cheaper guns and my ATA was clearly a lemon, but, equally I was always told 'buy cheap buy twice' and that's exactly what happened.