OPINIONS PLEASE

DUNKS

17 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

...... equally I was always told 'buy cheap buy twice' and that's exactly what happened. 

And that’s exactly what happened to the two lads I mentioned in the other relevant thread; they saved up for proven quality guns from a proven manufacturer. 

1 hour ago, Taileron said:

Valid point, I’m hopeful that mine will be still going in 10 years time, but only time will tell. If it lasts 5 years then has to have work done which makes it financially not viable it will be scrapped and I will look upon it as a £10 per month loss. I spent £35 on a Chinese takeaway last night, so it’s a loss I’m prepared to gamble on.

Just my luck that it will have firing issues tonight, I will be back to using my MK70 and worrying the entire time about damaging it.

For what reason are you worried about damaging your Mk70? 

1 minute ago, Scully said:

And that’s exactly what happened to the two lads I mentioned in the other relevant thread; they saved up for proven quality guns from a proven manufacturer. 

There's not really a great deal of difference in £££ between a new cheap gun with a warranty, which again as I experienced wasn't worth the paper it was written on and a second hand premium gun that the chances are you won't need a warranty on. 

I didn't think I could afford to buy a Beretta when I first started out, it ended up costing me far more than the couple hundred extra than I would have spent had I just looked a bit harder and brought one. 

1 hour ago, Farmboy91 said:

my ATA was clearly a lemon, but, equally I was always told 'buy cheap buy twice' and that's exactly what happened. 

Snap, my ATA was also a lemon after a couple of months, that went back to the RFD.

1 hour ago, Scully said:

For what reason are you worried about damaging your Mk70? 

Past history, I tripped and dropped a brand new Allsport and bashed the stock (£399 replacement) my buddy did the same thing last Sunday and dropped his RS12 QRR and bashed the stock and dinged the barrels.

5 hours ago, Taileron said:

Snap, my ATA was also a lemon after a couple of months, that went back to the RFD.

Between the inept staff of forelock and load of Barrow and Sportsman of Exeter they managed to damage both the barrels and wood work on mine when it went back for the double discharge problem. Obviously neither would admit liability.

Ended up with new woodwork and barrels that in the opinion of my local RFD had been 'coloured in' to cover the scratches I haven't dealt with either company since and wont in the future either. 

I think if you go into buying a gun like that for exactly what it is, and not thinking your getting a Beretta with a different badge or any other premium gun and you don't run into any issues, then they can be reasonable value for money. 

I just wouldn't take the risk in the future.