Push bikes

team tractor

My boy has really gotten into cycling with me of late and the current bike he has was £15 off eBay but he’s worn it out. I only bought it to see if he would get into it and he’s loving it now. 
Now I’ve tried to find my boy another bike so he can push himself a bit more but it’s impossible to find a bike . 
my best mate owns a shop selling top end bikes and he’s ran out of bikes for under £3000. 
it’s crazy that even trying to find second hand is proving impossible for around £2-400 

I bought my lad a Carrera Vengeance Junior Mountain Bike (26” Wheel) from Halfords a few weeks back.

It was £310, has front suspension, disc brakes front and rear and Shimano quick-fire gears (thumb and finger). It’s a brilliant quality bike and they built it in the store free of charge. It also came with a free tune-up after a couple of months once brakes and gear cables have stretched and settled and then a further service after 12 months.

Check out their site, I bought it online and it was ready to pick up in a week. I could’ve got it quicker if I didn’t opt for them to build it.

He fell off at the local bmx track and still rode 4 miles home. 
I’m 40 next year and trying to push my fitness so it’s great having a partner in crime. 
I’ll admit it feels great when he would rather ride than compute 

F4D54FF8-94AD-4C19-AA76-F5E90F505976.jpeg

38 minutes ago, Munzy said:

I bought my lad a Carrera Vengeance Junior Mountain Bike (26” Wheel) from Halfords a few weeks back.

It was £310, has front suspension, disc brakes front and rear and Shimano quick-fire gears (thumb and finger). It’s a brilliant quality bike and they built it in the store free of charge. It also came with a free tune-up after a couple of months once brakes and gear cables have stretched and settled and then a further service after 12 months.

Check out their site, I bought it online and it was ready to pick up in a week. I could’ve got it quicker if I didn’t opt for them to build it.

I was thinking if I spend £2-400 second hand I might possibly get a bit better setup but it’s worth a try 👍

1 hour ago, sam triple said:

Check Evans cycles on line they sometimes have clearance bikes for sale I picked up a Cannindale carbon framed road bike for under £1k 

Looked 👍

All I can  suggest is get in touch with a local club, hopefully  someone there might have a second hand bike that one of their kids have outgrown. Make the  most of  cycling with him while you can  still keep up with  him, I  go out with  my 19 year old son now. I'm blowing a gasket and he  just  disappears  up the  road. 

9 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Keep checking market place on FB, we got my daughter a good bike a while back during lockdown, it didn't look like it had been used, probably be a few coming up.

I have been mate . Every day .

messaged one one earlier. He said £400 as the same spec is £900 now . I said but it’s 9 years old and was £400 new.

my bike was £1300 20 years ago but it’s worth £150 

Edited by team tractor

12 hours ago, team tractor said:

I have been mate . Every day .

messaged one one earlier. He said £400 as the same spec is £900 now . I said but it’s 9 years old and was £400 new.

my bike was £1300 20 years ago but it’s worth £150 

Tell them the name might be £900 new but the spec and stats will have been updated ... tbh it’s not even worth messaging idiots like that. 

Ebay and FB market decent place to check. As well as cycling forums etc. 

51 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Tell them the name might be £900 new but the spec and stats will have been updated ... tbh it’s not even worth messaging idiots like that. 

Ebay and FB market decent place to check. As well as cycling forums etc. 

I think it’s only because it was local that I tried . It’s on eBay too so I’ve put an offer in and left it. 
It’s only the current situation and trying to keep my boy interested why I tried 👍👍👍

be funny if he messages back if it don’t sell 😀

wait until the bad weather\christmas, there'll be a LOT of the new commuters selling their nearly new bikes, currently it's a sellers market and good deals are few and far between.

However saying that, look at joining British Cycling as you get a monthly discount for chain reaction cycles and Halfords. Halfords also price match on components and if your work place is a member of any of the discount schemes then voucher (bought at a discount) can be used to pay too it's possible to get 20-30% off a price matched retail price with a bit of work (I upgraded to carbon wheels and electronic groupset this way MUCH cheaper than any 'sales and offers'.