Beretta 303 recoil spring

Plink all day

Bought a 1986 A303 recently, my first semi auto. Got on well with it on the clays, it didn’t cycle lighter shells well but was to be expected really, otherwise I really like it. I’ve read the recoil spring needs replacing every 5-10k rounds, how would I know if it needs replacing and any recommendations of where to pick one up? 

It DOES need changing, I have just rebuilt a scrap 301, the bolt on which was snapped (the bolt locking catch). I suspected that this was due to the bolt recoil spring being weak. I ordered a new recoil spring and due to P & P being £17 I ordered a new magazine spring too. (the P & P is more than the cost of the springs ! ). The cost of a new bolt assembly is almost the value of the gun and as such, it is well worth changing the springs. When I removed the old spring, it was almost 1" shorter than the new one. I have totally rebuilt the old 301 and it is now working a treat, it will cycle 24 gram cartridges and of course 28 gram and upwards, without a problem. I will try to find the details of the place I ordered the parts from, they were cheaper than the ' E-Store'. 

The site for Beretta spares is OMPS2. If you Google that it will come up with the website. I had the parts within a week. Do NOT let anyone tell you that the springs for the 391 guns are the same they are certainly NOT. The 391 spring is around 1" shorter that the 303 springs.

Edited by Westley