Dressing up the Birmingham stabbings.

Dave-G

I'm guessing some politically correct dressing up hand wringing is going on with it being kept so secretive what has taken place, by and to whom getting on for two days after the event. Plain speaking factual English reporting has definitely left the UK.

I wonder how many woke advisers have been consulted before it gets dressed up to avoid offending someone.

Edited by Dave-G

A chum of mine who lives in Birmingham has a friend who is a paramedic. The paramedic alleges that there were 17 injured and 3 killed. Makes you wonder if it's true?

With a Prime Minister who tells more lies than Trump who do we belive?

51 minutes ago, CaptC said:

A chum of mine who lives in Birmingham has a friend who is a paramedic. The paramedic alleges that there were 17 injured and 3 killed. Makes you wonder if it's true?

With a Prime Minister who tells more lies than Trump who do we belive?

Personally I’d believe the British press over the allegations of a friend of a friend.

2 hours ago, Dave-G said:

I'm guessing some politically correct dressing up hand wringing is going on with it being kept so secretive what has taken place, by and to whom getting on for two days after the event. Plain speaking factual English reporting has definitely left the UK.

I wonder how many woke advisers have been consulted before it gets dressed up to avoid offending someone.

That’s right, you’re guessing.

You have no new insight or hard facts, merely speculation and prejudice.

Let’s wait for some information and evidence.

2 hours ago, Dave-G said:

Don't get where you're coming from … the incident was reported, eye witnesses accounts aired, and a picture was on the news this morning of the suspect ….

They had a good response and made an arrest .. what are you looking for?

1 minute ago, Dave-G said:

Except much of the press dress it up to fit their agenda, skipping or slanting the bits that don't sit right for them.

Totally agree... but you’re neglecting the vital fact that the press is a broad field of rival organisations with different agendas. Whilst the BBC might (for example) try to avoid this being terror related the Daily Mail will be doing the opposite. 

If nobody is reporting it as terror related it’s because at this stage it isn’t.

18 minutes ago, oisin og said:

That’s right, you’re guessing.

You have no new insight or hard facts, merely speculation and prejudice.

Let’s wait for some information and evidence.

Yes I'm guessing - well done but I said that. :-)

All this time later with not even a murmur regarding what the stabbings were about.

EDIT: If more information was released there's be a lot less speculation.

Edited by Dave-G

21 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

Yes I'm guessing - well done but I said that. 🙂

All this time later with not even a murmur regarding what the stabbings were about.

EDIT: If more information was released there's be a lot less speculation.

When has that ever been a consideration of those with the information?

Maybe there's a group such as ooohh lets say LBGT  that might feel outraged.

The post is about suppressed news in general that is of interest to the public when there is little need to keep a little more detail under cover.

Massive media announcements that stabbings occurred - but all too little real news about how or why, if there is no interest why bother reporting it with such scant information? 

36 minutes ago, grrclark said:

A nutjob went on the rampage stabbing people, does it really need to be labelled beyond that?

What do you think is being hidden and why?

By what I can gather with some searching there seems to be a reasoning behind the nutters actions - to his thinking. If that's too harmful or too delicate for the public to know I'd be interested in hearing why.

18 minutes ago, clangerman said:

let’s not start a witch hunt here he’s giving a opinion nothing more 

Mine have been opinion but it hasn’t stopped the mods, let’s face it there are two rules and the next thing you know is if you don’t like the forum...................

Anyone feeling posts are breaking the rules can bring them to our attention using the report button, and we will look into them.

If you are unhappy with how we have dealt with your posts in the past which are not to do with this thread please contact one of us by PM to avoid derailing it.

1 hour ago, Dave-G said:

Maybe there's a group such as ooohh lets say LBGT  that might feel outraged.  Maybe the biggest group that should feel outrage is ooooh let's say EVERYONE. A nutter going on the rampage against innocent people should outrage everyone of decent mind.

The post is about suppressed news in general that is of interest to the public when there is little need to keep a little more detail under cover. How do you know the news is suppressed , if there is little need to keep anythign under cover why do you presume it is?

Massive media announcements that stabbings occurred - but all too little real news about how or why, if there is no interest why bother reporting it with such scant information?  Of course there is massive media coverage, a nutter went on a rampage of random stabbings with a knife.  Perhaps it's reported with scant knowledge of any motivation because there actually is scant knowledge at this time.

By what I can gather with some searching there seems to be a reasoning behind the nutters actions - to his thinking. If that's too harmful or too delicate for the public to know I'd be interested in hearing why.  Where have you researched to get your information, other utterly speculative threads like this one you have started?  Can you give one credible reference source of information?  From what you have gleaned what is the reasoning to his thinking, are you prepared to state it?

1 hour ago, Hamster said:

It’s fairly obvious which “race” this is baiting which I was under the impression went against forum rules, I have had posts removed previously so how come none of the mods have deemed fit to remove this ?

Certainly bating something Hamster, but given so much of the nature of comment in off topic over the last while it's also completely unsurprising.

It feels like quite the community of obnoxious old biggots at times.

I don't know about 'dressing up' in Birmingham but it was obviously dressing down in Suffolk, if any of you saw the news briefing given by the Assistant Chief Constable. He looked like he had just got up and still had his jamas on. What is our police force coming to when an Assistant Chief Constable turns up infront of the press to brief on a serious shooting incident, dressed in a polo shirt and slacks, no cap in fact no untiform and then proceeds to read every word from a prepared sheet. The briefing was pretty simple and could have been given verbatum without having to refer to notes. Pathetic and my old Inspector must be rolling in his grave in disgust.