Dressing up the Birmingham stabbings.

Dave-G

Given some people can't resist a swipe about what topics are suitable for this off topic section perhaps we should have a grumbling old *** sub section within off topic that some members can avoid if a subject displeases them so much, perhaps with an option to block the subsection - or red text as a reminder what section it is.

Edited by Dave-G

19 hours ago, Walker570 said:

He looked like he had just got up and still had his jamas on. What is our police force coming to when an Assistant Chief Constable turns up infront of the press to brief on a serious shooting incident, dressed in a polo shirt and slacks, no cap in fact no untiform

I thought that too .Don't the police get issued shirts anymore ?

The scene is only 2 miles from police HQ , he has no excuse looking like a chav dropping the kids at school.

5 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Amateur police!

About right that is. Spoke to a local lad here a few weeks ago and he said they felt like social workers these days not law enforcement officers. 

Back on track, it will be interesting to get to the bottom of the Birmingham stabbings.  Stab one or two in a drunken argument but random acts then that starts to look like  terrorist incident.

5 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

About right that is. Spoke to a local lad here a few weeks ago and he said they felt like social workers these days not law enforcement officers. 

Back on track, it will be interesting to get to the bottom of the Birmingham stabbings.  Stab one or two in a drunken argument but random acts then that starts to look like  terrorist incident.

...or mental health issues.

13 minutes ago, Munzy said:

...or mental health issues.

Yes, possible, but in my experience the offender if not mentally stable will continue offending and not just return home.  Had one or two such incidents to deal with and they have always been there or in the vicinity.     BUT we will see.

Contrast the vague disclosure regarding the stabbings to the less inhibited reporting of the schoolboy shooting.

My point of the thread is that plod and media have become somewhat neutered in what they can feel able to report without being accused of some "ism or ist" by wet woke types.

I'm sure someone else could have worded things better but slight dyslexia or lack of word power exists here.

4 hours ago, Dave-G said:

Contrast the vague disclosure regarding the stabbings to the less inhibited reporting of the schoolboy shooting.

My point of the thread is that plod and media have become somewhat neutered in what they can feel able to report without being accused of some "ism or ist" by wet woke types.

I'm sure someone else could have worded things better but slight dyslexia or lack of word power exists here.

Tin hat is back on I see!

The only thing that is missing in all the reports I’ve read about the stabbings is “motive”. There has been absolutely no comment in the shooting incident regarding “motive” either (unless I’ve missed it).

So you have two acts of violence, two suspects arrested, the injuries detailed and the weapon mentioned (generically - long barrelled gun and knife).

What is the basis of this conspiracy BS?!

Edited by Munzy
Typo

4 hours ago, Dave-G said:

The counter point would be that the plod and media have no idea yet of the motivation, but in any respect will be accused of a conspiratorial cover up by some hard of thinking types.

3 minutes ago, Munzy said:

Tin hat is back on I see!

The only thing that is missing in all the reports I’ve read about the stabbings is “motive”. There has been absolutely no comment in the shooting incident regarding “motive” either (unless I’ve missed it).

So you have two acts of violence, two suspects arrested, the injuries detailed and the weapon mentioned (generically - long barrelled gun and knife).

What is the basis of this conspiracy BS?!

👆

Hey, I'm old enough to have an old *** grumble whether you likes it or not. I didn't need a tin hat to see that more revealing detail was released much sooner with the shooting because there was no 'sensitive' element to umm or arr about. If nobody biatched about it I wouldn't have felt inclined to come back to it. 

Some of you seem to be even grumpier than me. I really don't care but might start finding more trivia to have an old *** grumble about just for the wind up value that seems to be emerging.:yay: 

Can we have an old *** grumble - or 'just get it off yer chest' section please?  I mistakenly thought off topic might cover that but apparently it doesn't.

Edited by Dave-G

30 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

Hey, I'm old enough to have an old *** grumble whether you likes it or not. I didn't need a tin hat to see that more revealing detail was released much sooner with the shooting because there was no 'sensitive' element to umm or arr about. If nobody biatched about it I wouldn't have felt inclined to come back to it. 

Some of you seem to be even grumpier than me. I really don't care but might start finding more trivia to have an old *** grumble about just for the wind up value that seems to be emerging.:yay: 

Can we have an old *** grumble - or 'just get it off yer chest' section please?  I mistakenly thought off topic might cover that but apparently it doesn't.

Not grumpier, just a whole lot less tolerant of stupid 🥱

12 minutes ago, grrclark said:

Not grumpier, just a whole lot less tolerant of stupid 🥱

A grumble or rant doesn't make stupid, and we're all allowed a rant now and again. Given you feel I'm stupid do us all a favour and block my posts please, there's a good chap.

I'll see if I can figure out how to block your posts so I don't get myself in trouble on here.